Hadrian’s Cavalry 2017
Salvete,

This exhibition promises to be interesting:

http://hadrianswallcountry.co.uk/events/...valry-2017
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
It does sound interesting!

"A troop (turma) of 30 Roman cavalrymen will come together to perform training exercises described by Hadrian himself 2,000 years ago."

I wonder if they'll be shooting arrows from horseback using 'machines'? [Image: wink.png]
Nathan Ross
(08-26-2016, 06:38 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote: It does sound interesting!

"A troop (turma) of 30 Roman cavalrymen will come together to perform training exercises described by Hadrian himself 2,000 years ago."

I wonder if they'll be shooting arrows from horseback using 'machines'? [Image: wink.png]

Interesting. As a rider, I wonder who is coordinating this.
Stephen Bennett
(08-29-2016, 04:32 PM)Stephen Bennett Wrote:
(08-26-2016, 06:38 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote: It does sound interesting!

Interesting. As a rider, I wonder who is coordinating this.

It has been mentioned in several threads on RAT before. The post of events coordinator (for the re-enactment part) has just been advertised.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Many thanks, Mike. I'm relatively new here, but did do a search and couldn't find an answer to my question before I posted...
Stephen Bennett
(09-02-2016, 12:37 PM)Stephen Bennett Wrote: Many thanks, Mike. I'm relatively new here, but did do a search and couldn't find an answer to my question before I posted...

As I understand it, once the events organiser is in place things will start to happen. They will presumably review all of the options (using re-enactors, professional riders/stunt men etc) before coming to a decision, but that's just my take on it.

Mike Bishop

(09-02-2016, 12:52 PM)mcbishop Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 12:37 PM)Stephen Bennett Wrote: Many thanks, Mike. I'm relatively new here, but did do a search and couldn't find an answer to my question before I posted...

As I understand it, once the events organiser is in place things will start to happen. They will presumably review all of the options (using re-enactors, professional riders/stunt men etc) before coming to a decision, but that's just my take on it.

Mike Bishop

Tickets are now on sale for Turma! (as they have decided to call it). These and much more can be found on the Hadrian's Cavalry website. Main exhibition runs 8th April to 10th September 2017 and Turma! is 1st/2nd July in Carlisle.

Mike Bishop

Hi

A photo from the Hadrian's Wall Trust of the leading riders in the two teams that will take part in the cavalry sports event at Carlisle.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Looking forward to this event - will be travelling down from Glasgow on the Sunday for it!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
Hello to everyone !

I will attend the "Turma Event" in Carlisle (1-2 July).

Who, from RAT community, will attend the event ?
Do we make an appointment ?

arrivederci,
Emilio
Well I am going - probably on a Sunday and will be driving down from Glasgow early in the morning.
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman cavalry on Hadrian's Wall 2017 Viventius 4 3,449 04-14-2016, 06:39 PM
Last Post: caiusbeerquitius
  Carrhae 2017 daryush 26 5,751 06-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Last Post: Dan D'Silva