Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with private messages
Hey everyone,

I'm fairly new to the forum and wanted to find out if any of you are having similar problems. 

It seems that I cannon access my private messages or send any to other members. Here's the message I get trying to do any of the above:

Quote:You do not have permission to access this page. This could be because of one of the following reasons:
  1. Your account has either been suspended or you have been banned from accessing this resource.
  2. You do not have permission to access this page. Are you trying to access administrative pages or a resource that you shouldn't be? Check in the forum rules that you are allowed to perform this action.
  3. Your account may still be awaiting activation or moderation. (Resend Activation Code)
  4. You have accessed this page directly rather than using appropriate forms or link.

Is there anything apart from the activation link (which I already clicked on) I need to do in order to access my messages? Any help is appreciated, thanks!
(05-17-2017, 12:13 PM)Artur Wrote: Is there anything apart from the activation link (which I already clicked on) I need to do in order to access my messages? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Funnily enough, I didn't see this post until I clicked on 'view unread' at the top of the page... I believe there's a sort of short quarantine period for new members' posts at the moment - which could be the 'moderation' mentioned in the message - but I don't know whether that also affects private messages.

Have any moderators/admins seen this yet?
Nathan Ross
Nathan is correct. New members can only post in quarantine - it's how we mods can root out all spammers, fairly succesfully i might add.
Usually one of us approves the post withing 24 hrs (or zaps the spammer), but there's no guarantee of course.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Does this mean that, now that he has apparently been able to post successfully, he will also be able to send and receive private messages?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Two posts is the limit, after that, he should automatically have all normal privileges, yes.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hi,

I'm not having any issues posting replies or creating threads, however I still can't access or send any messages...
sent you an test PM see if you get it
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
It works now! Not sure how it got fixed but it wasn't working this morning. Anyway, seems to be all good now, thank you guys!
I have the same problem as Artur, no problem posting or opening threads but I don't have acces to my private messages.

EDIT: Problem is solved!
See above: you're limited when you're new!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Hello,
I have same problem than Artur and LegionarioHermanus.
How can I solve this?
Just another post and you're in! Smile
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Ok, thanks you for this answers!
hello very good gentlemen, since I am new I am having the same problems as the rest of my colleagues to speak privately and be able to post in the ads.
Greetings José Miguel.
Hello José,

Even though I do not understand your question - language here is English - I can guess: you do not see any posts.
Because you are a new member, your posts had to be reviewed by a moderator. This has now taken place and your posts are visible.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Private Messages M. Caecilius 3 3,318 09-26-2011, 03:37 PM
Last Post: M. Caecilius