Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BANNER ATTACK
Ouch! It seems RAT is hit by an attack of top and bottom banners.. Did we not pay EzBoard enough?<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
yep, we´re still 48 dollar short.. <p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=pelgr003>pelgr003</A> at: 3/10/04 12:50 pm<br></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
No, we didn't pay,<br>
Seemingly U.S.A. individual economies are somewhat in crisis!<br>
<br>
Aitor <p></p><i></i>
It\'s all an accident, an accident of hands. Mine, others, all without mind, from one extreme to another, but neither works nor will ever.

Rolf Steiner
No, they're not, but I'm not paying $150 all by myself. Annoying banners are a great fundraising tool!<br>
<br>
I'll wait for us to get within striking distance (about $25) and then foot the difference.<br>
<br>
Cheers,<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
You know, I didn't really notice them, until ROBERT pointed them out...gee, thanks, now I can't stop staring at them! <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Didn't know we were up for fundage again, sorry, would have sent it sooner!!<br>
<br>
Rusty <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>
Soooory...<br>
<br>
Well, at least I can block the popups with my Google bar (you need IE 6.0) for that.<br>
<br>
OK... Banners are gone. Phew.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://pub45.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=vortigernstudies>Vortigern Studies</A> at: 3/11/04 5:22 pm<br></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
I have been engaged in a bloody pup-up war for several months now. Mostly the pup-ups were winning until I took the offensive and switched to Mozilla as my web browser. You can downoad it free at www.mozilla.org .
<br>
Wendy <p>"I am an admirer of the ancients,but not like some people so as to despise the talent of our own times." Pliny the Younger</p><i></i>
Wot's a pup-up?<br>
<br>
Mozilla as a browser, you mean instead of IE or Netscape?<br>
<br>
Valerius/Robert <p></p><i></i>
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
Yeah, that's a scary thought. But I wonder if the pop-ups aren't written in such a way as to be viewed by the software that IE and Netscape uses. So maybe an different browser is a good idea? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
<br>
A browser other than Internet Exploder or Nut-scrape is always a good idea!<br>
<br>
When I was still a software tester, I reported a bug on an on-line product we were developing - this 'bug' only appeared in Netscape.<br>
<br>
I will forever treasure the engineer's note on that bug - which we forwarded to the client... <innocent look><br>
<br>
"NOT A BUG - Netscape sucks."<br>
<br>
Scy. <p>LEG IX HSPA - COH III EXPG - CEN I HIB<br>
<br>
- FIDELITAS - - VIRTUS - - MAGNANIMITAS - </p><i></i>
Adam MacDonald

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legio-ix-hispana.org">www.legio-ix-hispana.org
Pup-ups can be initiated by the command, "SIT."<br>
<br>
Cheers<br>
Jenny <p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson
Pop up blockers such as the google toolbar option are great, I always look at the count it shows of pop ups blocked with great satisfaction. Some ad blockers, though, go overboard and block banners on sites, which can sometimes mess with the presentation of your web site. <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scary Banner! Gaius Honorius Felix 46 6,559 05-26-2006, 05:24 PM
Last Post: tlclark