Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings
Hello all,

I'm a new user from what used to be regarded by the Romans as Scythia and/or Sarmatia... and is Ruthenia as of now.  Smile I'll try to contribute a little from the shallows of my amateurish knowledge of all things Roman, and perhaps even get into the perennial "What happened to the Ninth?" and the less frequent, but no less intriguing "What happened to the Twenty-second?" discussions.  

Thank you!
Welcome to RAT!
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
(12-04-2016, 07:04 PM)Flavius Inismeus Wrote: the less frequent, but no less intriguing "What happened to the Twenty-second?"

Yes! I've often wondered why the ninth gets all the speculation... I notice Menahem Mor, in his new book on the Bar Kokhba revolt, isn't too convinced about the legion's involvement in that war. Maybe a subject for a new thread - what do you think?
Nathan Ross
(12-04-2016, 10:27 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote: Yes! I've often wondered why the ninth gets all the speculation... I notice Menahem Mor, in his new book on the Bar Kokhba revolt, isn't too convinced about the legion's involvement in that war. Maybe a subject for a new thread - what do you think?
An excellent subject indeed! The Ninth getting all the attention: I guess that there are more British Roman historians than Egyptian ones. Plus, all that "Eagle of the Ninth" publicity, the Ninth being shoehorned in all kinds of cinematic and literary historic (ahistorical?) situations. No such luck for the Deiotariana.