Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upcoming books on shoes, patterns
I have been chasing down various reconstruction sources, and found the author of "The World of Roman Costume", Norma Goldman. It does not hurt to be on good terms with your Latin teacher!<br>
These upcoming two publications should be spectacular, patterns, and shoes! Note the collaboration!<br>
<br>
<br>
Dear Richard Campbell and wife,<br>
I have read the E-mail exchange between you and Elizabeth Will with great interest, and even more that you are a former student of Jane Hall, a dear and valued friend. Now I can see how your enthusiasm has its sources in very dedicated teachers.<br>
<br>
You will find my chapter on Ancient Roman Footwear (Chapter 6) of The World of Roman Costume of great interest, and that will be the next publication of my work in reconstructions. I have been working with Carol van Driel Murry of U of Amsterdam, who is the lady working with the<br>
real leather finds from the camps in Germany and Holland. She is also cataloging the over 3,000 leather footwear finds from Vindolanda on the Roman Wall. She and I have been working together on a book on Ancient Roman footwear, and her work is very technical. My part of the book is<br>
with the representations of footwear in painting, sculpture, and mosaic, not nearly as accurate or technical, since I am working with works of art and not the real thing. But since I had about 10 times as much material as I was allowed to include in my chapter 6, Carol and I have decided to do the book. But the costume pattern book will come first.<br>
<br>
Norma Goldman <p></p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dr. Goldman\'s patterns, Carol VDM\'s shoes richsc 0 1,045 01-03-2004, 03:20 PM
Last Post: richsc
  Shoes, shoe patterns richsc 20 5,835 06-17-2003, 05:48 AM
Last Post: venicone