Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkasovo jeweled helmet ….neck guard
Hello Everyone,

Are there any photos available of the neck guard.  I cannot seem to find any on Google.  Does anyone have photos of the back of the helmet that they are willing to share.  I have photos of the other parts from Google but nothing directly from the rear.

Thank you
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
(09-17-2016, 02:25 AM)Doc Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Are there any photos available of the neck guard.  I cannot seem to find any on Google.  Does anyone have photos of the back of the helmet that they are willing to share.  I have photos of the other parts from Google but nothing directly from the rear.

Thank you

I have the complete original report which is in French and Yugoslavian(Bosnian)? the drawings, photos are poor but may be usable... from "Kasnorimski šlemovi iz Berkasova " Novi Sad 1964. (Late Roman Helmets from Berkosova)

There are better photos in "Spätrömische Gardehelm" Klumbach 1973 but they dont show the seperate neckguard view, only straight from the rear.
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
(09-17-2016, 07:24 AM)Crispianus Wrote:
(09-17-2016, 02:25 AM)Doc Wrote: Hello Everyone,

Thank you

I have the complete original report which is in French and Yugoslavian(Bosnian)? the drawings, photos are poor but may be usable... from "Kasnorimski šlemovi iz Berkasova " Novi Sad 1964. (Late Roman Helmets from Berkosova)

There are better photos in "Spätrömische Gardehelm" Klumbach 1973 but they dont show the seperate neckguard view, only straight from the rear.

Hello Ivor,

Thank you for the reply and photos.  I appreciate it.

I have sent you a PM.

Best
"You have to laugh at life or else what are you going to laugh at?" (Joseph Rosen)

Paolo
Hello Ivor,

I apologize for the late response. For some reason even though I have checked off to be notified, I do not receive anything. I was just looking this evening and found your response. Maybe its my Apple computer?

In any case I have sent you another PM. Thank you for the links

Paolo
Hi Paolo No problem, likely your forum email notification is not turned on..
Go to User CP, in the section under "Your Profile" is a sub catagory called "Edit Options" click on that and it will access a page, go to the section "Messages and Notifications", you need to check the box "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message" and "Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message" and any other boxes that are appropriate..
At the bottom of this section there is a window "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" this will give you four options set the most appropriate as your default..

That should do it, if not then your email provider is likely blocking emails from RAT as spam as its an automated message , easy solution is to use a different email provider for RAT.

Will send the pics etc soonest .-)
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
(09-26-2016, 06:38 AM)Crispianus Wrote: Hi Paolo No problem, likely your forum email notification is not turned on..
Go to User CP, in the section under "Your Profile" is a sub catagory called "Edit Options" click on that and it will access a page, go to the section "Messages and Notifications", you need to check the box "Notify me by email when I receive a new Private Message" and "Alert me with a notice when I receive a Private Message" and any other boxes that are appropriate..
At the bottom of this section  there is a window "Default Thread Subscription Mode:" this will give you four options set the most appropriate as your default..

That should do it, if not then your email provider is likely blocking emails from RAT as spam as its an automated message , easy solution is to use a different email provider for RAT.

Will send the pics etc soonest .-)
Thank you for the reply.....and the hints.

Look forward to the pictures.

Paolo

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,093 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Late Roman Helmet Deurne-Berkasovo Variant II markusaurelius 15 5,240 07-26-2015, 03:39 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar
  Detailed picture of the Berkasovo helmet Virilis 7 3,589 02-22-2014, 07:38 AM
Last Post: Virilis