Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illyricum_Film_Script
Hvala to you, Simon. What a great project. I wish you every success - and please keep us updated on your progress.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Dear Ben

Thank You - ill certainly keep you guys posted. Few additional questions might rise aswell.

Best,
Simon
Alexis,

I very much liked the armour of the centurion holding the lighting mirror. Centurion armour IMHO often goes wrong, making the centurion looking like a sack of coals. Do you know where he bought it?
Hello guys,

Here are two unfinished sketches for the "Illyricvm" film project. I did them without photo references, just to explore physiognomy of potential actors/extras for the film.
Proper investigation of 35.BC Illyrian tribes clothing, weapons, tatoo ornaments and requizite will start in september and ill be lucky to have help from Archeological Museum in Zagreb
and some of the local experts for the subject.

At this moment i work on the scond draft of the script.

Cheers
Simon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello;
Just a quick update - work on "Illyricvm" script goes on. I just finished fourth (!) version of the script. Now it goes go for a reviews to the various film/script experienced professionals. Most certanly there are future versions to come ;D
These are two of the recent concept designs for the film;

Illyrian "Envoy" group - a Dalmatian cheftain, Japodic she-warrior and the Taurisk cheftain.

[attachment=8517]Illyricvm_Delmat_Japod_Taurisk_Web_Preview.jpg[/attachment]

Next one is Japodic shaman/priest.

[attachment=8518]Illyricvm_Japodski_Saman_Web_Preview.jpg[/attachment]

Hope Youll like them, but If some of You guys spot any mistake, please let me know, it will be most helpfull.
Thanks in advance.
Best,
Simon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hello to all,
happy to inform You that "Illyricvm" film project is going well, allthough slower than I hoped. Enyway, we got another small grant from Croatian audiovisual centre (HAVC) for further script & project developement.
http://www.kinorama.hr/en/filmovi/3/0/0/
This is encouraging sign and could be next step towards real production&shooting. Current script version is No11 (!) and its almost certain the final one.
During July 2015 we will shoot "moodboard" series of photographs with several actors/characters from the film, mostly Illyrians (costumed and equipped). Moodboard is basically visual blueprint or "sketch" illustrating future film "look" and athmosphere and is usually more accurate than drawings.
We will shoot on original locations for the fim (that is Velebit mountain range above coastal Croatia). The shooting will last 2 -3 days.
Besides Illyrian characcters I would like to include Roman legionares (not many because our budget is limited) As much as i know, there are no Roman reactment groups present in Croatia or am i wrong? Any info is more than welcome.
Thanx in advance,
Salve,
Simon
Hello;
One question which might have been answered before but i couldnt find it - is there any known device/tool/ procedure for quick fire starting in antiquity? For example; small legionare group camping outside in mountains, they dont have burning torches - how can they start campfire quckly?
Any info is appreciated.
Thnx,
Simon
Hi all,

there's been some time since my last post.
This is a short notice, that "Illyricvm" film project have been recently supported from Croatian audiovisual center (HAVC) which means that we have starting budget for actual shooting!
The script is finished, and through the next time period, (hopefully not so long) we have to find co-producer(s) outside of Croatia. For those interested, there are few photos from the short teaser we made.
You can check it out at
http://www.kinorama.hr/en/filmovi/illyricvm/47
Unfortunatelly, the teaser itself is not yet avaliable, but i hope that it will be soon.

Best to all,
Simon
(05-27-2015, 06:16 AM)Simon Aurelius Wrote: Hello;
One question which might have been answered before but i couldnt find it - is there any known device/tool/ procedure for quick fire starting in antiquity? For example; small legionare group camping outside in mountains, they dont have burning torches - how can they start campfire quckly?
Any info is appreciated.
Thnx,
Simon

Dont know if you have answered this yet, what you need is a strike-a-light and flint or a suitable stone there are several different methods depending on the time etc...  a tinder box(or bag) with tinder fungus, punk wood or chared linen etc is also necesary .. most methods take a few minutes to light a fire at most, but you need the materials prepared in advance and carefully stored to kept them dry... check out this thread:

http://www.romanarmytalk.com/rat/thread-21685.html
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
..Thank you Ivor, i didn't find this thread before.
Best,
Simon
Simon, those pictures look great. I hope we can see the movie some ime soon.
Eduardo Vázquez