Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[split] Phalanx warfare: use of the spear
nope, you are wrong. I don't feel personally attacked, or anything. and yes, i did some my tests that kinda proven the point for me.. i did feel much more fatigue overarm than underarm. If anything, your last post is kinda trying to steer the direction into personal attacks than anything written here so far.

For example, those numbers Paul posted, i seen them before (Connoly figures), yet, whats very strange about them is the fact that he got below average speeds for underarm thrusts. Matthew at the other side got below average speed for overarm.. So either Connoly is right, or Matthew is right, or both are for their contemporary technique. Mathew reported 7m/s (if i recall right) with underarm, which is not that far off the typical punch speed of average person (boxers as mentioned do 10m/s and more..) THats why I said we need somebody with the right technique in both cases, because to me it seems like they both did something wrong in their tests.

and mind you - this is all PHYSICS.. there are no different versions of it based on opinion.. so it kinda has to "click" together...
Jaroslav Jakubov

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Phalanx warfare: use of the spear - by JaM - 08-24-2016, 10:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phalanx warfare: Closing of the ranks Anatol Wyss 82 46,409 12-11-2019, 03:10 PM
Last Post: Condottiero Magno