Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Centurion Candidate? try Tacticum
Hello,

I just figured out where this part of the RAT world was digging deeper into the facebook page and trying to follow the rules.  I did post a couple of time in the group but then was told about the marketplace.  Anyway, I am glad to be able to share in the right way for this community.

I have created a 2 player strategy game with multiple scenarios that is based on the roman legions.  It of course has been influenced by hnefatafl (the viking game) and latrunculi (the roman game).   (There might be a little Asterix influence in there too.  Smile )

The story line for the game is that you are a centurion candidate (like an OCS course) and Tacticum is used as a training tool to expose you to various tacticla and strategic situations.  So the game and story are roman legion influenced but there is not strict accuracy.  More like the "general public" view of what the legions were.

I would welcome any feedback and thoughts or ideas.  The game is currently on Kickstarter for another week.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-22-2020, 05:23 PM)TonyR Wrote: Hello,

I just figured out where this part of the RAT world was digging deeper into the facebook page and trying to follow the rules.  I did post a couple of time in the group but then was told about the marketplace.  Anyway, I am glad to be able to share in the right way for this community.

I have created a 2 player strategy game with multiple scenarios that is based on the roman legions.  It of course has been influenced by hnefatafl (the viking game) and latrunculi (the roman game).   (There might be a little Asterix influence in there too.  Smile )

The story line for the game is that you are a centurion candidate (like an OCS course) and Tacticum is used as a training tool to expose you to various tacticla and strategic situations.  So the game and story are roman legion influenced but there is not strict accuracy.  More like the "general public" view of what the legions were.

I would welcome any feedback and thoughts or ideas.  The game is currently on Kickstarter for another week.

Sounds interesting a link would be helpfull Wink
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/316767/tacticum
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
(09-04-2020, 08:42 PM)Longovicium Wrote: https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/316767/tacticum

Thanks that definatly makes it clearer...
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867