Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ancient Germans
This is a force of 1st century AD Germans organised for TFL's new ruleset Infamy, Infamy. At least I think it is as I haven't actually got the rules yet!

Here they are deployed in front of their village:

[Image: IMG-0779.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0778.jpg]

There are five groups each of 10 warriors, two groups each with 6 skirmishers, one group of 6 cavalry and 4 leaders/characters.

[Image: IMG-0782.jpg]

The warriors:

[Image: IMG-0784.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0785.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0786.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0788.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0791.jpg]

The chieftain, his son, his standard bearer and a large oafish-looking individual:

[Image: IMG-0781.jpg]

The skirmishers. The archers are from Foundry's Dacian range.

[Image: IMG-0783.jpg]

[Image: IMG-0789.jpg]

The cavalry:

[Image: IMG-0790.jpg]

And finally the Germans' secret weapon, the forest:

[Image: IMG-0795.jpg]

Needs more trees to be truly scary.

The figures are a mixture of Mark Copplestone's beautiful sculpts for Foundry and the very impressive plastic multiparts from Victrix. The Victrix figs are very slightly taller but I think they mix well together.
Excellent figures and a very "hairy" bunch of warriors.  It does look very much what you need for "Infamy, Infamy!" rules.  I got them at Christmas and found them difficult to use as they were my first TFL rules.  I got a lot of help and a "Zoom" demo game by asking on the Too Fat Lardies Forum .

The rules give a good game balancing Roman Drill against Barbarian Fervour and certainly give the flavour of small unit actions in the late Republic and early Empire.

Well done and thanks for sharing
Alan
Lives in Caledonia not far from the Antonine Wall.
Hi Dadlamassu,

Thanks for the kind comments and your thoughts re Infamy, Infamy. I must join the TFL Forum as soon as I've picked up the rules. I sometimes play Chain of Command as well so it would be doubly useful.