Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oriental Hack?
anyone else getting oriental characters on the forum?

No hack. Just spammers
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
(03-22-2016, 11:07 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: No hack. Just spammers

Overnight about 200 spam posts have appeared on the forum, being a regular visitor I've noticed an increase in the number and frequency of Spam/Scam/Phishing posts, I think the forum moderators do a great job in clearing these false  members/posts.... clearly remedies are not something to be discussed on an open forum and I'm no Techi so I'll leave it at that and hope that some method will be applied to prevent this kind thing in the future....
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Yeah, I'm looking at it. Bloody spammers...
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
(10-06-2016, 07:51 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Yeah, I'm looking at it. Bloody spammers...

Is there some way to automatically block posts with certain words or characters in the subject header? It occurs to me that most of the recent spam includes either a certain common Chinese/Japanese character (大) or an http address code. If both of these could be blocked it might cut down the volume a bit - although maybe you've  tried that already!

Thanks for the work all of the moderators have put in deleting all this stuff so far.
Nathan Ross
Nope, not as far as I know. We already have a module that's supposed to check posts for possible spam, but those modules are always only of limited usability.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys