Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Show here your Roman soldier impression
Quote:few more pictures from the winter war
Nice! How cold was it? Big Grin
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
not cold, -15)
Hello, my name is Cyril, I\'m the first dean kontubernii Legio v Macedonica, Russia, St. Petersburg, I\'m 21 years old.
Me as optio Cohortis V Pr...

[Image: P1110417.jpg]
Martin
Hmmm, there is something wrong with that crest...I think you should send it to me so I can examine it more closely.... :mrgreen:
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I know these pics may come a bit late, but somehow I just didn't find the opportunity and the energy to post them before.
Anyway, they were taken during a short trip (slightly more than three hours) in the mountains in Eastern Bavaria last February.
Our group comprised three heavily armed legionaries and a light armed lanciarius from the 3rd century AD. The cold wind was not the biggest problem, as carrying all the equipment up the hill still kept us from freezing. What gave us a hard time was the deep snow - in some places we literally were knee-deep in it, and it seriously slowed us down. The snow was not too deep once we had reached the summit (1035 m above sea level), but standing in the cold wind effectively kept us from enjoying the moment. Nevertheless, it was quite an interesting experience. Maybe we'll do it again in one of the next years Smile
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Deep snow can do tha tyou know, ......even in modern clothes :wink:

Great pics though. One day i hope to get a winter set of photos done....once I get my second Century kit finished.
Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
Some excellent photos - especially yours, Florian - very evocative!
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Thanks! Big Grin
Florian Himmler (not related!)
Hey all, I recently joined up the other day after "lurking" for a few years. I just wanted to say to everyone who has posted pictures in this--or any other--thread: well done! It is truly impressive to see that so many people are out there who care about the ancient world as much as I do, and who put so much thought and care into their reconstructions of ancient arms and dress. Though I've wanted to for years, I haven't personally been able to get into reenactment yet because as a university student I have neither the money nor the requisite metal-working skills to begin buying or creating this stuff myself yet. Hopefully one day though! Big Grin

Anyway, again, cheers to all of you on your amazing work! Smile
"...atque ubi solitudinem faciunt, pacem appellant."

????? ???? ?\' ?????...(J. Feicht)
@Phaichtos
Thank you very much! Big Grin
Oderint dum metuant (Gaius Caesar)
Claudius Cirrus/Klaus Locke
VEX LEG XXI RAPAX
Really brilliant stuff Florian! Wonderful pictures and equipment.
"O niurt Ambrois ri Frangc ocus Brethan Letha."
"By the strenght of Ambrosius, king of the Franks and the Armorican Bretons."
Lebor Bretnach, Irish manuscript of the Historia Brittonum.
[Image: 955d308995.jpg]
Agraes / Morcant map Conmail / Benjamin Franckaert
Messing about in the water - me far left.[attachment=0:1c06t4kh]<!-- ia0 Picture 035.jpg<!-- ia0 [/attachment:1c06t4kh]
Tim Edwards
Leg II Avg (UK)
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.legiiavg.org.uk">http://www.legiiavg.org.uk
<a class="postlink" href="http://virtuallegionary.blogspot.com">http://virtuallegionary.blogspot.com
Second from right looks to be close to swamping it..... Confusedhock: :lol:
Where was this taken?
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
I thought Romans build bridges for crossing pictures. Big Grin

Nice picture Tim.
I like this way of trying out recreated material.
Regards

Garrelt
-----------------------------------------------------
Living History Group Teuxandrii
Taberna Germanica
Numerus I Exploratores Teuxandrii (Pedites et Equites)
Ludus Gladiatorii Gunsula
Jomsborg Elag Hrafntrae
Quote:Second from right looks to be close to swamping it.....

If you think that is bad.... you should see the guy whose shoulders he is standing on!! Confusedhock: Confusedhock:

Graham.

Nice picture Tim, thanks for sharing!
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Paul Elliott 20 11,213 10-07-2011, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  Re: Show here your Roman soldier impression Tadius Danartus 14 6,691 07-20-2011, 03:56 PM
Last Post: Gaius Julius Caesar