Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Pen Pal
I would love to have pen pals who do Roman Reenactments. Also can anyone share with me what they think is the best film that portrays true Roman Empire history. <p></p><i></i>
Donna, you have over 500 penpals on this forum alone; should be enough to tide you over! <p>Legio XX<br>
Fortius Conamur<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
Quote:</em></strong><hr>Also can anyone share with me what they think is the best film that portrays true Roman Empire history. <hr><br>
<br>
hmm, that´s a tough cookie...<br>
<br>
Spartacus is pretty accurate. I Claudius (not a movie though) was also good <p>Volo anaticulam cumminosam meam!</p><i></i>
gr,
Jeroen Pelgrom
Rules for Posting

I would rather have fire storms of atmospheres than this cruel descent from a thousand years of dreams.
Spartacus?!? Been a while since I saw it, so maybe I've forgotten the accurate parts....<br>
<br>
My vote is for Monty Python's "Life of Brian", which truly captures the spirit of the era.<br>
<br>
Oh, yes, and "I, Claudius" is superbly done, though the costuming isn't perfect.<br>
<br>
Valete,<br>
<br>
Matthew/Quintus, Leg.XX <p></p><i></i>
Matthew Amt (Quintus)
Legio XX, USA
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.larp.com/legioxx/">http://www.larp.com/legioxx/
What is it that you love most of all about the movie 'Spartacus.' I loved the film 'The Robe.' What I loved most of all about the film 'Spartacus' was when the young man in the film sang a song. It was so beautiful and awesome to me. He was saying a Poem and it was like a song. <p></p><i></i>
I always enjoyed <em>A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum</em>, which captures some of the spirit of the Roman theatre.<br>
<br>
<em>Spartacus</em> was a bit disappointing, because they added a religious message at the very end. It was inappropriate to the story, and felt tagged-on.<br>
<br>
<i>Quo Vadis</i> was a good book, but I've only seen some of the movie - the fire and Christians vs Lions parts. <p></p><i></i>