Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SOTW Gladius (red)?
I'm snooping around for a gladius and was wondering what you could tell me about the red scabbard SOTW gladius Rusty?<br>
<br>
soulofthewarrior.com/rs/c...ID_Wep=113<br>
<br>
Obviously that's the black scabbard page Tongue Anyone else tried these swords out and have any comments on what they are like? <p></p><i></i>
Paul Basar - Member of Wildfire Game\'s Project 0 AD
Wildfire Games - Project 0 A.D.
I can tell you they are out of stock... I have some on order, but it takes a few months for them to come in. The blade and handle are okay, they still get the metal piece at the base of the pommel wrong, and I have them doing a nut at the end as getting them to understand peening it over had... interesting results. Once they added brass animals to the pommel... but those are all gone.<br>
<br>
The scabbard is really nice I think, one of the best. Of course I am tooting my own horn, but if I could get them to do the blades perfect...sigh... you know what it is like to get ten or twenty imperfect swords and have to try to sell them???? <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>
Hey Rusty, how long is the tang on them? Can we get put on a list to be notified when the new ones arrive? <p></p><i></i>
The tang goes thru the handle and pommel. Has screw threads. The first ones were welded, but last time they were not, though the tang was still too narrow fo my taste (1/2 to 3/16's) though it varied. I like to be able to whack at stuff with my sword, and so far none of the repros have held up well! <p></p><i></i>
Ouch :S Until the weapons are brought up to par what would you suggest as a good starting gladius? <p></p><i></i>
Paul Basar - Member of Wildfire Game\'s Project 0 AD
Wildfire Games - Project 0 A.D.
depends on what yo want to do with. Ours and Deepeekas will do for show and light whacking, but if you want to chew up a 6*6 post... not sure there IS an alternative except an expensive custom made or albion priced gladius! <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>
Ave Rusticus,<br>
I think we all appreciate your honesty. I was wondering about the notification list, and if you have any close ups of the various sections of the sheath. Does the deepeeka pompei fit it?<br>
Vale, Florentius <p></p><i></i>