Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pottery info?
I found a good potter (she's cute, too, but above all talented) who agreed to do some unglazed ware for me. Now I'm looking for information on undecorated, simple, everyday items that by preference aren't too regionally specific (I'd like to do a Syrian legionary, but if I find a unit up here I want to be able to join even though they do the more common stuff like German limes or Hadrian's Wall).<br>
<br>
Can anyone suggest a good place/book/website to look? If possible with drawings and measurements rather than photos.<br>
<br>
Titus Flavius Artemidorus <p></p><i></i>
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach
What sort of pottery are you looking for? Several books on Mediterranean pottery from 1st century, or pottery of Roman Britain, especially if you look on the Oxbow site. Shire publications has one too.<br>
<br>
Try the Potsherd site:<br>
www.potsherd.uklinux.net <p>Legio XX<br>
Caput dolet, pedes fetent, Iesum non amo<br>
<br>
</p><i></i>
Richard Campbell
Legio XX - Alexandria, Virginia
RAT member #6?
I'm looking for second century stuff, very basic equipment (plates, serving bowls, cups, amphorae and cookpots) in designs that were in common use across as wide an area as possible. I know a basic drinking cup shape was pretty universal, but I'm not sure about bowls and platters. Also, I need some size data. I have a few pictures, but they don't come with a scale.<br>
<br>
I think I found the Shire Publications one. It's in our uni library.<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Der Kessel ist voll Bärks!

Volker Bach