Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
St Patricks Day Parade
Yesterday a bunch of us from Leg III Cyr. went down to New Haven Ct. and became Celts for the day to march in the St Patricks Day parade with our freinds from the Celtic Learning Project.<br>
<br>
When we got there we parked at the end of the parade route and walked to the beginning.<br>
Like any typical New england city it has its hills.<br>
<br>
We got to the staging point , found the rest of our group and started "marching" back down the parade route 5 minutes later.<br>
<br>
The weather cooperated for the most part. It was really strange, we got a couple of evil little snow flurries then the sun came out and it got warm.<br>
<br>
Ct is obviously a lot less tight assed about public drinking than MA. It was 1 PM and those people were HAMMERED ever been the only sober person in a room full of drunks? Try being the only sober people in the whole freakin' City<br>
Seriously though 1 PM and there were already broken beer bottles on the street.<br>
<br>
The only real negative about being in the parade is watching out for the Horse dung on the street.<br>
<br>
Most of us were wearing helms and maillee and carring Authentic based Celt/Gual shields those got a little heavy by the end of the day.<br>
<br>
All in all it was a pretty decent day. We had fun. But I realized something this morning.<br>
<br>
We walked Up Hill, Both ways, In the snow, over broken glass, and through Horse crap with 40 lbs of gear on our back.<br>
<br>
And that is the Truth <p></p><i></i>
>>"We walked Up Hill, Both ways, In the snow, over broken glass, and through Horse crap with 40 lbs of gear on our back.<br>
<br>
And that is the Truth "<<<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
Too funny!<br>
<br>
Could have been worse - If we ever do Worcester for St. Patty's we can add "3 foot deep sink/potholes" and<br>
"Cars trying to run us down...During a parade" to the list of things to deal with...Among many others I'm sure Tongue <p></p><i></i>