Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
von Sussen Helmets on Ebay Imperial Gallic
Any ideas what the quality of these are? I am seriously considering buying one. Does it need modifications?<br>
<br>
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI...6506054457 <p></p><i></i>
I bought the same helmet from the same vendor, and got good service and quick delivery. My helmet was in good condition though not brand new (I actually prefer it not too shiny).<br>
<br>
Re changes- I haven't changed mine at all, and it seems accepted as a good reproduction (from the Leg XX site "#6060B "Acquinson" (actually Imp. Gal. I, Aquincum) (brass) -- The shape of the crest knob is not exactly like the original, but it can either be altered, replaced, or simply left as is. The slot in the knob is often too wide, but that really can't be helped much. Overall excellent. "<br>
Possibilities for change would be amending the cheek and (possibly) adding a holder on the neck guard.<br>
There is a discussion on it and a photo of the original (and other helmets) at p200.ezboard.com/fromanar...21&stop=27<br>
<br>
Look forward to your comments,<br>
Cheers<br>
<br>
Paulus<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=paulusbrittanicus>Paulus Brittanicus</A> at: 3/12/05 12:27 pm<br></i>
www.manningimperial.com/item.php?item_id=351<br>
Is someone aware of this?<br>
First time I see a reproduction of one of the Gutmann helms. <p></p><i></i>
I got the Coolus C helmet from him and I was satisfied, not to mention I only paid $139 including shipping for it. <p></p><i></i>
I got the same one as thracian auxillia did for the same price. Works for me.<br>
<br>
Dave <p>[url=http://www.freewebs.com/davekufner" target="top]www.freewebs.com/davekufner[/url]</p><i></i>
I got my coolus G from him, it is the run-of-the mill deepeeka, just needs a rear chinstrap rivet. <p></p><i></i>
aka., John Shook
I got the Italic C for $138<br>
<br>
His product is good and his prices are VERY reasonable IMO <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Deepeeka Imperial Italic D vs Gallic G Helmet Cheek Guard lenghts wwiigunz 0 1,143 09-21-2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: wwiigunz
  Imperial Gallic E irwimar 8 3,855 01-16-2017, 11:40 PM
Last Post: irwimarl
  Metal Spinning Imperial Gallic Helmet nightwork 0 1,376 08-30-2015, 10:06 PM
Last Post: nightwork