Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volunteer Opportunity: Tropaeum Traiani Excavation
I received the following announcement from Dr. Linda Ellis of San Francisco State University:<br>
<br>
------------------------<br>
<strong>Joint U.S.-Romanian Archaeological Excavations at Tropaeum Traiani (2nd-6th centuries AD), near Black Sea</strong><br>
<br>
Opportunities available for avocational volunteers to participate at the on-going excavations at Tropaeum Traiani, modern-day Adamclisi in S.E. Romania. This site was the location for one of the bloodiest battles in Roman military history between Emperor Trajan and the Dacian-Sarmation-Germanic coalition in 101-102 AD (First Dacian War).<br>
<br>
To commemorate the event, Trajan established the city of Tropaeum Traiani (where he settled his veterans) and the Roman engineers built an immense monument and war memorial. There are excavations in the city center as<br>
well as surveying and excavation in the surrounding area. Participants may choose a 2-week or 3-week option: 16-30 July 2004 or 16 July-6 August 2004. See numerous photographs and application details on our website:<br>
www.terraeuropaea.org<br>
<br>
Contact Prof. L. Ellis, San Francisco State University,<br>
[email protected] for brochure and application.<br>
<br>
*****************************************<br>
Dr. Linda Ellis<br>
Professor & Director, Museum Studies Program<br>
San Francisco State University<br>
<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Cheers,
Jenny
Founder, Roman Army Talk and RomanArmy.com

We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend.
-- Robert Louis Stevenson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  British Museum Job Opportunity Caballo 4 1,805 08-02-2007, 10:39 AM
Last Post: Memmia
  french lost an opportunity Goffredo 2 1,144 09-25-2006, 05:59 PM
Last Post: Niedel