Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reputation rating.
I would suggest to put a comment at least this shows if someone is looking at the rating
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
The positive rating option seems to have been disabled for users around mid March but it seems admins still have the option. Was there an upgrade to the system around this time perhaps. Huh
Regards
Michael Kerr
Michael Kerr
"You can conquer an empire from the back of a horse but you can't rule it from one"
Still just getting Neutral option
Andy Ross

"The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there's no difference"
Does anyone know the reason for this problem and is anything being done about it?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
I haven't been able to leave a rating other than neutral for months either.
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
Tell a mod and they will do it for you?
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Hello, Robert

As you know, about 2 or 3 months ago my rating system rolled back to "neutral" only, a "positive" no longer an option. Today, I tried rating a fellow poster (even if it would show up as neutral only). A box popped up on my screen, saying, "You do not have permission to rate a user." Oh? Have I done something wrong? Am I "Blacklisted" here on RAT? Or Is the Rating System Phenomenally Screwed-Up... or What! Angry
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
There's an upgrade available for the forum software which will hopefully fix the issue. It's something to be done carefully though, so I have to find the time for doing it.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
Thanks for coming back on this issue, Jasper

I know you're a busy man, but all of us here admire what you do for us. When we lost the ability to post a "positive" rating, all members could no longer see our compatriot's "relative value," if you know what I mean. Then this latest glitch literally popped-up in a nasty little box. Whatever you can do will be appreciated by not just me, but all of us.

thank you Wink
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
I notice that 'ratings' seem to have vanished again!

Was the system just proving to be too open to abuse? (if so, just getting rid of 'negative ratings' might have been an option, perhaps?)
Nathan Ross
We judged that the system was no longer adding to to this forum anymore.
Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Positive ratings only is an option. If people enjoy that, I could certainly enable that option.
Greets!

Jasper Oorthuys
Webmaster & Editor, Ancient Warfare magazine
(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option. If people enjoy that, I could certainly enable that option.

If you do, do we start from zero again?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option.

I coud never see the point of the 'negative ratings' option actually - it seemed actively to encourage snarkiness and antagonism.

Some sort of feature to thank people for useful or informative posts and comments would be good, though, if it could be easily introduced.
Nathan Ross
(09-21-2021, 09:55 AM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(09-21-2021, 07:31 AM)Praefectusclassis Wrote: Positive ratings only is an option.

I coud never see the point of the 'negative ratings' option actually - it seemed actively to encourage snarkiness and antagonism.

Some sort of feature to thank people for useful or informative posts and comments would be good, though, if it could be easily introduced.

I agree with Nathan...
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About the reputation system... Condottiero Magno 17 13,139 10-23-2016, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Praefectusclassis