Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Scutum construction page
Last night I added a page on constructing legionary scuta to the legio XXX web page. Go to:<br>
<br>
www.geocities.com/romanle...ction.html<br>
<br>
I've attempted to describe what we know concerning the legionary shields of the early principate and how this translates into a reconstruction. <p></p><i></i>
Ave Titus,<br>
Nice job. This is just the sort of thing we need more of. And of course, thank you for the link!<br>
Vale, Florentius <p></p><i></i>
Yes, thanks for your efforts and sharing your experience and additional knowledge. <p></p><i></i>
You're welcome. The scutum construction page will soon be updated. Robert Norton has voluntered to make some line drawings of the assembly process. There is also a bunch of things that I forgot to mention. <p></p><i></i>
Ave,<br>
>>There is also a bunch of things that I forgot to mention<<<br>
<br>
yeah dude, tell me about it. It is actually pretty challenging to write directions well and thoroughly enough to be followable, and there's always stuff in your head that does't translate to the written word easily. Almost every time I look thorugh one of my pages I find something to fix/clarify/update/generally make better.<br>
Anyway, I've always enjoyed your various pages and commend the effort.<br>
Vale, Florentius<br>
<p></p><i></i>
Hey Lee,<br>
<br>
I have (I think, somewhere) a 2.5 page instruction guide for putting the scutum together. It's been tried and tested. Do you want me to send it to you so you can cross reference it and add in any other tidbits? <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>
Please do so. If you already have it on-line then I'll just link to it. <p></p><i></i>
Will do Lee. I have to check for it at home...it's not on my work computer. I know i had it as a pdf. <p>Magnus/Matt<br>
Legio XXX "Ulpia Victrix"<br>
Niagara Falls, Canada</p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scutum construction Cassius_chaerea 18 5,171 02-28-2013, 04:33 AM
Last Post: Tarbicus
  New Calcei HOW-TO page under construction Neuraleanus 21 4,913 01-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Last Post: Doc
  Scutum Construction - Edging and Painting sulla felix 51 10,555 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Last Post: AntonivsMarivsCongianocvs