Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New from Texas
Salve,

New here, located in Houston. Been interested in studying Rome since I was in middle school. Studied a bit in college, but mostly learned from buying random books. Particularly interested in the late republican era but I have been reading more and building interest in the late imperial era as well.

I do not currently reenact but would be interested if there are groups local to Houston or East Texas. I do have a Pompeii style Gladius I was lucky to buy off of a centurion from Legio VI when the visited a Ren fair in Florida about 6 years ago.
(03-11-2016, 06:31 PM)Travis34 Wrote: Salve,

New here, located in Houston. Been interested in studying Rome since I was in middle school. Studied a bit in college, but mostly learned from buying random books. Particularly interested in the late republican era but I have been reading more and building interest in the late imperial era as well.

I do not currently reenact but would be interested if there are groups local to Houston or East Texas. I do have a Pompeii style Gladius I was lucky to buy off of a centurion from Legio VI when the visited a Ren fair in Florida about 6 years ago.

Hi Travis,
This is Marcus from Houston. I am a member of Legion 13 here in Texas. We have members scattered everywhere. We were going to have an event this weekend but mother nature intervened. Legion 13 is going up to Lafe next month as well.

I sent you a private message with my phone number. Give me a call I would be glad to help you develop a kit and get in to the hobby.
Got your message, I'll give you a call. Thank you.