Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Exploratores (paper request)
(01-20-2016, 02:16 PM)Nathan Ross Wrote:
(01-20-2016, 11:40 AM)lukeuedasarson Wrote: is there any way to intercut a previous writer's comments with one's own? I can't figure out how to do this...

I only know of a rather laborious process: add two extra line spaces beneath the quote box in your 'reply', copy it (including the two extra spaces) and then paste the whole box again. After you've pasted as many copies of entire original message as you want, edit each one to leave only the comment to which you want to respond. If anyone knows of a less clunky way to do this, I'd be interested to hear of it!

My method would be as follows. Say there was a post in which there were three passages that I wished to respond to. I would quote the whole post and then put a 'close quote' at the end of the first passage. I would then add my response to that passage. I would then copy the previous posters name, pid and dateline from the beginning of his post, including the square brackets, and paste this at the beginning of the second passage, again adding a 'close quote' at the end. I would then add my response to that passage. I would repeat this process for the third. As I went through, I would delete the parts of the post that I was not responding to. I am not sure if this is any less laborious than Nathan's method but it works for me.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)

Messages In This Thread
Exploratores (paper request) - by lukeuedasarson - 01-17-2016, 01:28 PM
RE: Exploratores (paper request) - by Renatus - 01-17-2016, 06:20 PM
RE: Exploratores (paper request) - by Nathan Ross - 01-18-2016, 03:12 PM
RE: Exploratores (paper request) - by Nathan Ross - 01-20-2016, 02:16 PM
RE: Exploratores (paper request) - by Ildar - 01-20-2016, 06:39 PM
RE: Exploratores (paper request) - by Renatus - 01-20-2016, 03:24 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Exploratores Mick Saunders 1 1,925 01-31-2007, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Jon Eaton