Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Digital map of the Roman Empire
Yes, but it's the idea of seeing those borders when zoomed out that would be nice to see, even if they had a question mark next to them. People curious of Roman geography would have an basic idea. 
Basically when I bring a new person to talk about Rome I can tell them about the Etruscans and show them Eturia in the general vicinity on the map. 
Maybe if someone was telling me that Umbria was in southern Italy where Rhegium is, and then we could show them that it was more in upper central Italy. 
Educational purposes really. 
That's really the only thing in my opinion that's missing from this map, otherwise in my opinion it would be perfect. 
As an American, and most Americans would be the same, I'm not very well with European geography. Now over the years I've educated myself, but it's taken a lot of dedication to find certain areas, with certain towns in Roman geography. The map in the link if given the boundaries would be at least in my opinion perfect if it was able to do that. 
As I said that's just my opinion especially when certain history books talks about the Umbrians from Umbria, and the Samnites from Samnium. If I was uneducated by looking at the Roman map I would never know where those places are.
"I am not ashamed to confess that I am ignorant of what I do not know." ~Cicero

Messages In This Thread
RE: Digital map of the Roman Empire - by Hasdrubal - 01-19-2016, 08:34 AM
RE: Digital map of the Roman Empire - by deleted - 10-13-2016, 10:06 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Digital Atlas of Roman and Medieval Civilizations Simplex 1 1,655 03-07-2013, 12:38 PM
Last Post: ge7g%5%fffdgdh2y0B