Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continuing Mis-Identification of the Altai Culture
Well, I'm back... but evidently hurting. Dodgy

For more news-- perhaps related to Herodotus' most eastern tribe, the nefarious Arimaspi-- we might consult an online PDF, First Excavation of Pazyryk Kurgans in Mongolian Altai, by Torbat, Giscard, and Batsukh. This team of archaeologists went to the Baian-Olgii Aimag region in 2004, discovering ten burial complexes and hundreds of tombs on the Mongolian side of the mountains. In 2005, they went back, specifically to Baga Turgen Gol (Little Swift River) and excavated 3 tombs. As far as I know, no excavations have been done to the south on the Mongolian steppe. However, this French-Mongolian team found evidence of what I would consider a large population of the Altai Culture living beyond the established areas studied earlier by the Russians.

On a sadder note, I have been seriously demoted, now back to Primus Pilus. Also, I lost my "Thank Yous." I loved those Thank Yous: it made me feel appreciated after 7 years here on RAT. Now I have a "0 Reputation," like I no longer exist. Maybe it's because I'm a barbarian.

I used to have a nice string of wreaths, but now I'm left with two bronze ones... just impressive enough to toss on my grave.
How do you like my tattoos? Rolleyes
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb

Messages In This Thread
RE: Continuing Mis-Identification of the Altai Culture - by Alanus - 10-27-2015, 03:35 AM