Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need help!
Fratres,
I need help...and not mental! Although that's depending on who you ask? But seriously! I do need help. I'm trying to obtain the following items to complete my centurion's uniform. Focale, Subarmalis, Tunic, Balteus, Greaves, Caligae and Pugio. I would want them historically correct. If anyone can guide me or give me information as to where I may purchase them (if need be custom made) I would be grateful. Understand that I do not have time to make these myself due to work and my personal life's complications at this time. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Semper Sis,
Thomas Guenther
Thomas Guenther
pugio AH-3264B - the all brass one from depeeka seems acceptable in the UK Other stuff acceptably accurate on Legio XX website at http://www.larp.com/legioxx/ (if thats ok to post on here)
Indeed will check into it!
Thanks,
Thomas
Thomas Guenther
You have a Jeffery Hildebrandt helmet in the process of being made so you should be patient and build a quality kit from the top down.

Perhaps your next purchase should be a good quality pair of footwear from someone like Martin Moser? With a Hildebrandt helmet and Moser Caligae nobody will look at any of the other pieces of your kit lol. They are among the best makers in the business.

As most folks know I have both custom and Deepeeka stuff so I'm fine with both. Still, if you are starting with a very very good quality helmet you don't want to start collecting the rest of the kit too quickly just to have something to wear. Like me and many others you will certainly replace your earlier purchases with better gear as time goes by if you are in too much of a rush.

Deepeeka does have some new nice "off-the-shelf' belts now, designed with input by RAT members, so that's one answer to your belt needs, or buy a good used custom belt. Same goes for new Deepeeka pugios. Make sure you get the NEW Deepeeka belts and pugios, not the older versions still out there everywhere. Keep in mind you get what you pay for. Some of the belt makers on RAT do a great work and they should be compensated fairly.
Joe Balmos
Sir,
Will check into the Moser Caligae! Thanks for your info!
Cheers Mate,
Thomas Guenther
Thomas Guenther
This fellow might be able to help you on the greeves. Perhaps even a custom size. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...=1&theater
John Kaler MSG, USA Retired
Member Legio V (Tenn, USA)
Staff Member Ludus Militus https://www.facebook.com/groups/671041919589478/
Owner Vicus and Village: https://www.facebook.com/groups/361968853851510/
I appreciate all the referrals you all are giving me. Thanks so much,
Thomas Guenther
Thomas Guenther
I can do custom belts and bags for your impression if you like. Little more expensive compared to deepeeka, but lot more opions. We can discuss further via email if you like. Send me an PB with your emailaddress.

Furthermore, for shoes Martin Moser (already suggested) is an good option, as is Dirk Steinhorst (also from Germany).

What kind of tunic and subarmalis do you like? I can also supply these, if you like.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Quote:I can do custom belts and bags for your impression if you like. Little more expensive compared to deepeeka, but lot more opions. We can discuss further via email if you like. Send me an PB with your emailaddress.

Furthermore, for shoes Martin Moser (already suggested) is an good option, as is Dirk Steinhorst (also from Germany).

What kind of tunic and subarmalis do you like? I can also supply these, if you like.

Thomas, Jurjen does all my custom leather work now. You will not be disappointed and he will keep you informed every step of the way.
Joe Balmos
As for off-the-shelf caligae and subarmalis I would recomment the products from AER (ancient empires reproductions).
ALA I BATAVORUM
Hi Thomas,

probably best to check yourself whether my stuff is what you're looking for ->
http://sutor.jimdo.com/1st-century-ad/caligae/
www.facebook.com/leatherworkthroughtheag...8875/?type=1&theater www.facebook.com/leatherworkthroughtheag...osts/330971227100963
NO Thomas,

Do not buy from Martin Moser. His stuff is so good, well crafted and authentic all your comrads will turn green with envy :mrgreen: , will try to rob your shoes when you rest your head :oops: and will be pissed you make their footware look crappy :evil: !

Jurjen is a very good craftsman, a re-enactor himself and a stickler for authenticity. Also, he is totaly honest, offers a great price/quality and is a generaly nice person. He too should be avoided for the reasons above :whistle: .

Oh well, if you must ... these are the best you can get for sure :woot: !
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
I would like to say thanks to all of you who responded to my topic so far and for all the advice!
Cheers,
Thomas Guenther
Thomas Guenther
What about a sword?
Joe Balmos
for a sword try Robert Wimmers, he will cheat you does strange things with iron but makes wonderfull swords.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX