Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Army School 2016
The latest Hadrianic Society Newsletter gives preliminary details of next year's Roman Army School. It will be held at St Chad's College, Durham, from Saturday 9th April to Tuesday 12th April. The theme will be 'Soldiers and Society on the Frontiers' and the lecturers will include Lindsay Allason-Jones, Andy Birley, David Breeze, Alex Croom, Adrian Goldsworthy, Valerie Maxfield, Carol van Driel-Murray and Jorit Wintjes. The topics to be considered will include women and civilians on Hadrian's Wall, different aspects of costume and clothes, the relationships between civilians and soldiers on frontiers, marriage and legal niceties. I will post further details as they become available.
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
I attach below a link to the flier for next year's Roman Army School.  Those interested in attending can find Information for Delegates and a Booking Form on the Hadrianic Society website (www.hadrianicsociety.com).  I hope to see some of you there.

.pdf   Roman Army School 2016.pdf (Size: 668.7 KB / Downloads: 17)
Michael King Macdona

Here is the provisional programme for this year's Roman Army School. Those interested in attending should, if possible, get their applications in by the end of this month but nevertheless late-comers can normally be accommodated.

Michael King Macdona

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2024 Renatus 0 235 11-18-2023, 09:35 PM
Last Post: Renatus
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2023 Renatus 1 501 12-28-2022, 08:12 AM
  Roman Army School, Durham, 2020 Renatus 1 7,622 01-10-2020, 05:36 PM