Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
new pugio
here some pics of my latest roman piece:

a pugio 2nd half 1. century A.D.:
Handle ivory after the London piece; the crossguard and connecting iron backplate are conjectual
blade of generic form like many pieces from Vindonissa; piled pattern with edges in C 60; L 200mm, W 40mm
total weight 180g

scabbard of oak with a frontplate from Vindonissa (the one with the silver inlays is under construction and it will be replaced some time), hangers and rivets generic from bronze

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Als Mensch zu dumm, als Schwein zu kleine Ohren...

Jürgen Graßler

www.schorsch-der-schmied.de
www.facebook.com/pages/AG-Historisches-Handwerk/203702642993872
Wow, very nice, sleek, elegant and potentially lethal! Wink
Virilis / Jyrki Halme
PHILODOX
[Image: fectio.png]
You can consider the following statement about your new pugio as representative for all your works I have seen so far: I really like it, that your items combine a neatly execution and a look of handicraft and uniqueness.
Fantastic piece Jurgen, really quality work.
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Great, as always =)
Christian K.

No reconstruendum => No reconstruction.

Ut desint vires, tamen est laudanda voluntas.
That's almost as good as my beloved spatha Wink
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
I´m working on it 8-)
Als Mensch zu dumm, als Schwein zu kleine Ohren...

Jürgen Graßler

www.schorsch-der-schmied.de
www.facebook.com/pages/AG-Historisches-Handwerk/203702642993872
:-)

If I wasn't just interested in cavalry rather than infantry I would probably be speaking to my bank manager about how I could afford one.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!