Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Roman Tribes: A New Perspective
Steven James has published a paper on academia.edu. It can be found here:
https://independent.academia.edu/StevenJames1
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Just last week I found out the shape of the Roman cosmos. It is a circle with an X enclosed as found on some Roman coins. Plato, Proclus, Manilius and Justin Martyr provide information about what the lines represent.

I  originally had interpreted the Pythagorean cosmos as a circle intersected by one line running horizontally in the middle of the circle, so this latest information has been manna from heaven, and opens up more doors. Plato and Proclus discuss the cosmos as a mathematical being and I believe the X also represents the number ten, symbolizing the ten Pythagorean planets. Also the X fits perfectly with the celestial song of the sirens, which involves the eight sirens and the three daughters of fate as mentioned by Plato.

By dividing the number of iuniores with the total number of iuniores and seniores in the twenty tribes the fraction 5/6 produces the decimal·83333:

20 Tribes
Class I        8000 ÷ 9600 = ·8333
Class II       2000 ÷ 2400 = ·8333
Class III     2000 ÷ 2400 = ·8333
Class IV      2000 ÷ 2400 = ·8333
Class V       3200 ÷ 3840 = ·8333
Class VI      1000 ÷ 1200 = ·8333
Cavalry       1800 ÷ 2160 = ·8333

The decimal·83333 represents the musical note La on the octave.

Steven

That's pretty out there
Scott B.
Wow, I almost fell of my chair. I have finally received some feedback. Thanks Scott. My research is as you say pretty much out there and too much of a quantum leap for some. And I have found that being an original thinker and non conformist does not make you any friends among academics.

However, I must be honest and state that the discovery the Roman tribe being associated with the musical note La is not my discovery. It was done by an independent source who is trying to understand the musical aspects of the system, that is the universal Song of the Sirens. The numbers of men in the tribal system in relation to their property class are apparently just musical frequencies combined with the five elements, which adds up to 14,400 degrees.

Pythagoras believed that the orbits of the planets made musical notes and the Roman tribes are increased in conjunction with the tonal movement of the Pythagorean cosmos. The Roman legion is increased in size with the movement of the Pythagorean zodiac, which moves very slowly. If the system was maintained, we are at present living in the 54th Pythagorean zodiac. That is equivalent to four and a half orbits of the Pythagorean zodiac. Each orbit is equivalent to 252,000 stadia. So if you look at my paper on the Telamon campaign, you will see the size of the 35 tribes in 228 BC was 252,000 stadia, which equates to the first completed orbit of the Pythagorean zodiac.

https://independent.academia.edu/StevenJames1

The book of Revelations was plagiarised from the Pythagorean system. The seven angels each with a trumpets is because the book of Revelations was written in the time of the Pythagorean seventh tone, which Pliny provides evidence of. The musical string length for the seventh Pythagorean tone is point 666, given as the mark of the beast. The 12 tribes of Israel amount to 144,400 men, which is the Pythagorean five elements (14,400 degrees) multiplied by ten. There is a wealth of material I could go on about that proves all of them are not mathematical coincidences.

Pythagoras believed in reincarnation and he believed he died fighting at Troy. This explains why the time frame of the system begins with the fall of Troy and not Rome’s traditional founding date of 753 BC. Someone, and I believe it was Varro, used a Pythagorean cycle which coincides with 753 BC as Rome’s founding date so it conforms with seven generations each of thirty five years multiplied by the hebdomad system (units of 7), thereby giving a total of 245 years. A Roman generation as told to us by Dionysius lasts thirty five years, which again is following the Pythagorean 6:8:9:12 tetrachord, which adds up to thirty five (6+8+9+12 = 35). The reason why the Pythagoreans believed the number six to be the number of creation (he got this from the Jews), is based on the Pythagorean doctrine of changing the inequality of numbers to equality. This is done by adding the differences between the integers. So by taking the 6:8:9:12 Pythagorean tetrachord, which is what the Roman system is built on, the difference between 6 and 8 is 2, the difference between 8 and 9 is 1, and the difference between 9 and 12 is 3. So when you add the differences, the answer is 6 (2+1+3 = 6). Also certain years in the Pythagorean system have sacred connotations. One such year is 102 BC.

There is a whole load of information about the Roman Pythagorean system in the primary sources of which much has been labelled as being of Etruscan origin. This has come about because as Plutarch writes, many were convinced that Pythagoras was an Etruscan.

The Pythagorean system gives certainty in defining the size and organisation of the Roman legion for any given time frame within the Pythagorean system, which was designed for 1,200 years, which the Romans only deviated twice from the original system.

Sorry about the rant, I can’t help myself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Milliary Diet- Archaeological Perspective Help Amethyst_ice 28 5,394 04-19-2012, 09:55 PM
Last Post: Amethyst_ice
  Roman Tribes Anonymous 2 2,472 05-22-2004, 05:41 PM
Last Post: hansvl