Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gladius Chape Plate
Hello everyone. This is my first time showing my work here. I started this plate Friday and I just finished now. The top of the plate has a little artistic license applied to it, as I broke the piece so I decided to turn it into something cool to make it more special Smile Please enjoy the pictures. I give a 100% assurance that I made it. No one made it for me. This is the work quality of a 12 year old, so I hope you will not be too hard on me. Thank you for reading this post Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards, Jason
Very well done Jason. Have you made the chape frame yet?
Regards Brennivs :lol:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Brennivs,

This chape plate was a add-on to a Pompeii gladius made by Al-Hamdd to make it more authentic. I also made a palmetta to go with it. The idea was that I would modify the gladius to make it more acceptable, as well as making it more customized and unique.

And it also looks like one of my cardboard box-killing brass javelins snuck into one of the photos :whistle:
Regards, Jason
Jason will the chape plate you are doing fit the chape frame from your scabbard? As I can see your plate is different shape to the origonal?
Regards Brennivs :-D
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Brennivs, It fits very well in the chape. Here is a picture. The rivets are not in place in this photo, so that is why the chape itself looks loose

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards, Jason
Tremendous effort Jason...well done. There is nothing more satisfying then making/creating something yourself. Keep up the good work mate. Smile
Phil McKay
Illustrator
www.philmckay.com
Thanks for the compliment Marcellus Smile
Regards, Jason
Thats it got it now Big Grin keep up the good work Jason, look forward to seeing the finished scabbard :lol:
Regafds Brennivs :lol:
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pictures/Needed of 1st Century Gladius guard plate Pointer 0 1,146 06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Pointer
  Tip of a gladius chape Marcus Mummius 10 2,936 07-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Last Post: ambrosius