Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Guisborough helmet
Hi,
Would you like to tell me about some ( Roman Guisborough helmet)?
if possible with its picture and some detail. .
very thanks in advance.

with best regards-sajid
Quote:Hi,
Would you like to tell me about some ( Roman Guisborough helmet)?
if possible with its picture and some detail. .
very thanks in advance.

with best regards-sajid

Sajid, did you even run a google search before asking this question? Is there even a question here? I think you need to do some basic research on your own before posting.
Regardless, I went ahead and attached an image. The helmet was found in England and is assumed to have belonged to a cavalryman. It is dated to the 3rd century CE. Below is a link to the British Museum, where the helmet is held today.

http://www.britishmuseum.org/explore/hig...elmet.aspx

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Gaius I have been asking the same question for a long time. Sajid is possibly the most tolerated spam account I have ever seen
Damian Laurence Zamprogno
I don't think that Sajid is a spammer; he's just just a bad poster.

Sajid, take notice: we are all happy to have you here, but you need to do at least some amount of your own research before you post. I know that English is not your first language, but that's no excuse to ask questions that you could answer on your own.
And it is not an excuse to open new threads where he rarely comes back to post again.
Eduardo Vázquez
Several posts removed (folks, either send a PM or ask a mod in future). A PM was sent to Sajid. End of.

EDIT: End of means stop posting about it, especially after I wrote above how to deal with such issues. Thread is now locked.

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
Dear Robert, dear Mods,

It would be helpfull if there was some sort of advice on how to deal with Sajid's requests and product offers. Having been advised my reactions were too harsh, I have refrained from participating in subjects like the pink leather lorica hamata on offer by said vendor. Does RAT really want to encourage this type of posting by would-be vendors?

Several RAT-members of long standing have advised Sajid to do at least his own basic research on ROMAN equiptment before posting on this forum, advice that has been ignored time and again. Also, there have been comments on him posing as a private individual offering "surplus items" for sale. So please advise us on the correct way to deal with this, so there is no need to remove posts of people adversly reacting to him and possibly others.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin