Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman legion presentation
Salvete everyone,

Just preparing to make a presentation on the Roman Legions to a world history class here pretty soon, and I'll be the only one, so the spotlight will be on me. I do intend to create a powerpoint in the background, unless someone else thinks they've an excellent one to use.

Any recommendations on an order of presentation? Besides the obvious core things regarding a legionary and the legion, what do you all think I should include?
I'll have a scutum, Fulham and Pompeiian Gladii, segmentata, subarmalis, tunica, balteus, pugio, caligae, and a gallic H to show at the school.
Well, it all depends on your aim. This could be anything.
-Show the clothed, equipment etc of a single (legionairy) soldier?
-Show the army organisation
-A typical day at the castra
-Battle tactics.

All can be supported by powerpoint, either with pictures of the archeological records, artist impressions and re-enactment photo's, or by qoutes from the historical sources.

Also interesting to know is your audience. What do they expect. Which age? Prior knowledge in (Roman)history or archeology, etc.
ALA I BATAVORUM
Building and Tools, Roads, Civic buildings built by etc
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867