Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JRMES 14/15 and 16
My Indiegogo crowdfunding campaign to revive the Journal of Roman Military Equipment Studies (JRMES) is now live. As you will see, following directly from the results of the RAT poll I ran a few months back, both digital and dead-tree options are available.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Good luck!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii
That is great news!

I went with the dead-tree option, since I still like to leaf through a book. I hope you will raise the amount necessary.

Best wishes,

Martijn
I don't have the money at the moment but I will next week. I'll pay for a few dead trees.
About to move house so will do it after that.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Hello,

It seems I cannot choose to use a credit/debit card for contributing. Has this option been disabled? If yes, is this intentional and is there any reason for it (I do not have a PayPal account and I'm not very inclined to creating one)?

Kind regards,
Alexandr
Quote:Hello,

It seems I cannot choose to use a credit/debit card for contributing. Has this option been disabled? If yes, is this intentional and is there any reason for it (I do not have a PayPal account and I'm not very inclined to creating one)?
Apparently Indiegogo only enable credit card payments for flexibly funded campaigns and since JRMES is fixed funding, there is only PayPal (details here under Payment Type Restrictions). Sorry about that.

Mike Bishop

If one does not subscribe to the campaign, will it still be possible to buy JRMES from some other outlet?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
Quote:If one does not subscribe to the campaign, will it still be possible to buy JRMES from some other outlet?
One of the reasons for choosing fixed funding was so that I could print enough to sell some copies of JRMES retail, probably through Oxbow (most libraries will need to get it that way, I suspect). They'll inevitably cost more, and may go out later than the contributor copies, but it is my intention that it will be possible to buy them retail. Arma however will only go to subscribers, but there are options for just digital or digital & paper versions for that.

Mike Bishop

Well, I'm quite sure the target will be reached.
We guys over here in Italy are planning our contribute, is a very welcome project.

Marco
Marco

Civis Romanus Optime Iure Sum
Quote:One of the reasons for choosing fixed funding was so that I could print enough to sell some copies of JRMES retail, probably through Oxbow (most libraries will need to get it that way, I suspect). They'll inevitably cost more, and may go out later than the contributor copies, but it is my intention that it will be possible to buy them retail.
I recall that, in the old days, I had in effect a subscription with Oxbow, whereby I got the latest JRMES when it was published. I am not sure now how this was organised but possibly the arrangement was with them as the publishers. If they are to be the retail outlet, maybe a similar arrangement can be agreed.
Michael King Macdona

Quote:I recall that, in the old days, I had in effect a subscription with Oxbow, whereby I got the latest JRMES when it was published. I am not sure now how this was organised but possibly the arrangement was with them as the publishers. If they are to be the retail outlet, maybe a similar arrangement can be agreed.
I can't comment on what any retailer may choose to implement, but our main focus will be through subscription to ARMES (as publishers of JRMES & Arma) once this initial phase is finished, 2016 onwards. We will be looking to provide as many ways as possible to subscribe to the association, not just PayPal (which is the only option Indiegogo allow). Note that Arma will not be for sale through retail outlets and only available by subscription.

Mike Bishop

Quote:We will be looking to provide as many ways as possible to subscribe to the association, not just PayPal (which is the only option Indiegogo allow). Note that Arma will not be for sale through retail outlets and only available by subscription.
Some other method of subscribing would be welcome.
Michael King Macdona

Quote:Apparently Indiegogo only enable credit card payments for flexibly funded campaigns and since JRMES is fixed funding, there is only PayPal (details here under Payment Type Restrictions). Sorry about that.
Hello Mike,

Thank you for the explanation and link (I didn't find this one, I was searching in the help area for contributors and found the information, that if payment by credit card is not available, it may have been disabled by the campaign owner, whom I should contact). OK, it seems I will have to consider a PayPal account after all... This campaign is probably worth it.

Greetings,
Alexandr
digital for me I hate dead trees
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro