Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Late Roman Centurion Helmet
So I was wondering if the deepeeka late Roman Helmet AH6351N is any good if anyone can tell me that would be great
Thanks, Connor
Connor DeLoach
The Daniyal model is WAY better. The Centurion helmet is just barely passable, but Daniyal is the better helm. Are you still trying to find a good Late Roman helmet? If you are, then the best are Daniyal and Al-Hamdd and not Deepeeka. Save up and get a good helmet from one of the above or save up more and get an even better one from a smith custom made Confusedmile:

P.S. On the other late Roman helmet thread, we already said which Deepeeka is good and it is the Burgh Castle helmet.
Regards, Jason
Quote:So I was wondering if the deepeeka late Roman Helmet AH6351N is any good if anyone can tell me that would be great
Thanks, Connor

No, it's not. There's no central ridge joining the two bowl halves like on their other Late Roman helmets. The crest is attached directly to a one piece bowl. So no, it is not historically accurate.
If you want a really good helm of this type, check this one out:

Made by Pustelak (PL): http://pustelak.pl/intercisa.html

[attachment=11367]P1011259.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christies Late Roman helmet: 1 or 2? Robert Vermaat 96 24,278 09-21-2018, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  New Late Roman Helmet from the Fernpass, Austria caiusbeerquitius 115 29,983 07-12-2014, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Urselius
  Whereabouts of Late Roman ex-Guttmann helmet? aitor iriarte 20 5,053 07-27-2013, 04:51 AM
Last Post: markusaurelius