Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New guy looking to build a Roman era kit.
I'm not even sure, I decided against getting one as I would rather look for a used one for a cheaper price thats probably better quality. Besides I need the money for a soft kit first and wouldnt be able to afford it if I bought a Hamata now. Only reason it really tempted me was the fact it's on sale, though to be honest usually thats what pressures me to buy anything cause I like to pay less for a decent deal. Does anyone know a good place I can get a hamata thats fairly good quality?
You can get a customized one from SOTW. They run minimum around $600 though but it is accurate. Only problem is that Rusty is really slow on shipping.
Regards, Jason
Quote:I'm not even sure, I decided against getting one as I would rather look for a used one for a cheaper price thats probably better quality. Besides I need the money for a soft kit first and wouldnt be able to afford it if I bought a Hamata now. Only reason it really tempted me was the fact it's on sale, though to be honest usually thats what pressures me to buy anything cause I like to pay less for a decent deal. Does anyone know a good place I can get a hamata thats fairly good quality?

As I said contact Al-Hamdd. It is a nice hamata for a reasonable price. Besides SOTW doesn't make their own hamata, I think they buy it from Al-Hamdd anyway.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
I believe they do buy them from Al-Hamdd so you can just contact the company instead and talk to them about anything you want to add or changes to be done on the mail.
Regards, Jason
Didn't I just say that?
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Yes you did. I was just seconding your idea.
Regards, Jason