Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Show your gladius off!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh, I thought that they were cast, as they do look very complicated. Matt Amt says on his Handbook for Legionaries that the Deepeekas are bad because they cut their chape decoration from stock. I took it as that they should not be cut from stock and I thought that the other option would be to cast them... My mistake.
Regards, Jason
[Image: 3941b4eb079c6526201b653305cee60c.png]

Pompeiian style Gladius. Credit to Centurio Justus Longinus / Rusty Meyers / The Primus

"At least I'm famous somewhere..."
-Rusty Meyers, when informed he was found all over European forums.
That's the new Optio I think. Suhel has really done a good job trying to improve the Gladii he produces.
If that one is the Optio, than I soon will be posting a sword very much like it :-)
Regards, Jason
Except that they still use dark walnut and the pommels are too big. Thats the one I started out with but switched out for Patrick's.
"The evil that men do lives after them;
The good is oft interred with their bones"

Antony
Al least you can always change out the pommel and guard for a nicer one. The blade is good and the scabbard is nice also. Suhel has definitely worked hard in making some easily acceptable products.
Regards, Jason
Sorry I dont have pics of all my swords but here goes Big Grin
[Image: P7240434.jpg]
My Ring Pommel Gladivs.

[Image: P8090465.jpg]
My 3rd AD Cavalry sword.

[Image: falx001-1.jpg]
My Falx :evil:
I will see if I can find any more pics Big Grin
Regards Brennivs Big Grin
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
When you have all this why do you envy our mud huts
                     Caratacvs
Centvrio Princeps Brennivs COH I Dacorivm (Roma Antiqvia)
Falx....a sword?......doesn't matter really....here's me holding Byron's, having an in depth discussion about the "beast"... made by Mr Wimmers I think.
Kevin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Kevin
I define the falx as a can opener on a stick. The can being an unfortunate Roman's helmet :grin: I would classify it with pole weapons, with the rhomphaia along with the sica as swords. Falxes could be acceptable for photos too but concentrate on swords and daggers.

Tony, Your ring pommeled gladius looks great! I have only seen a few of those being replicated. Your cavalry Spatha and Falx look great too.
Regards, Jason
Jason a pole on a stick it may be in a Dacians hand but not in the hands of a Dacian Auxillary :twisted:
[Image: uthhgg.png]
As you can see mine comes with a scabbard.
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
I did not know that Falxes had scabbards... Yours looks very good! I like your impression and all your gear Smile What type of dagger is that in the leather scabbard? Also, who's hand did you cut off? :-P
Regards, Jason
Jason the Falx is the Rominised version of the origonal which is what Kevin has in his hands. When the Dacians became Auxillarys the sword they carried would not work with how the army operated. So I believe they straightened the blade and left a curve at the tip so a scabbard could be made and carried as if it was a regular sword. This style of blade is on a Alter and at least 3 dedication stones from the Birdoswald and the area for the COH I Dacorivm. I can draw the sword faster than a Gladivs. The knife is a bill hook as I am the Optio Fabricvm for the group it is a good tool to do repairs in the field for wood ect, the hand is my little joke for the public as heads are it bit too heavy to walk around with :lol: :whistle:

[Image: P8180466.jpg]
As this is still mine at the moment my Vimose Cavalry sword I hope to finish soon.
Woe Ye The Vanquished
                     Brennvs 390 BC
                     Caratacvs
Thanks for the photo! Looks great!
Regards, Jason
Pompiensis gladius.
[attachment=11268]57191_10151087570197132_1376394516_o.jpg[/attachment]

Canterbury sword, left. Albion Decurion Spatha right.
[attachment=11269]315756_10150320317817132_644006794_n.jpg[/attachment]

Falx by R. Wimmers
[attachment=11270]480975_10151371884337132_1012499637_n.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Visne partem mei capere? Comminus agamus! * Me semper rogo, Quid faceret Iulius Caesar? * Confidence is a good thing! Overconfidence is too much of a good thing.
[b]Legio XIIII GMV. (Q. Magivs)RMRS Remember Atuatuca! Vengence will be ours!
Titus Flavius Germanus
Batavian Coh I
Byron Angel
The Decurion Spatha isn't bad, looks like a fairly decent representation of a Lauriacum-Hromovka.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gladius discussion (was: show your gladius off) Crispvs 47 9,269 02-03-2015, 08:31 AM
Last Post: Robert Vermaat
  show off your gladius TITVS PVLLO 138 47,831 02-12-2013, 03:47 AM
Last Post: brennivs - tony drake