Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Events are There In Europe June 2015?
My friend Peter Mac and I are invading Europe from late May -early July next year to undertake our "grande tour" and participate in the Waterloo Re enactment,
We would love to see (and possibly participate) in any Greek or Roman re enactments going on during that time,
We would also appreciate a "top 10 must see places for the Re enactor on a shoe string budget."

We were considering the "Hannibal Tour of Spain and Italy" (and wondering whether anyone has mapped out
t transport options)
We also considered the "Sparticus Tour of Italy" as a quicker option!
Help! All advice appreciated! Smile
Offers of hospitality seriously welcomed! :-)
regards
Richard from Australia
Hi,
for the events on your route you probably have to wait after new year for confirmation, because for the one I'm aware of, there is still nothing on their official pages...
Regards,

Miha Franca
"Balnea, vina, Venus corrumpunt corpora nostra; sed vitam faciunt balnea, vina, Venus."
Tiberius Claudius Secundus
www.vespesjan.eu
my top 10 sites:
Hadrians wall (all sites)
Britisch museum, London (combine with museum of London)
Rome (of course) and Ostia
Pompeii and herculaneum (italy)
Archeological park and museum Xanten (germany)
Louvre (Paris, France)

I have seen wonderful pictures from Carnuntum and from Aalen, but never been on either of them. Also southern France has wonderfull city's with lovely sites. Of course there are hundreds of lovely small sites and museums worth a visit, but this is my top.

As for reenactments my suggestion would be the Marle festival (Musee des Temps Barbares) on June 27 and 28th. It is one of the largest Roman festivals in Europe and worth the visit for sure.
ALA I BATAVORUM