Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jupiter Dolichenus - New Find
Am I right in thinking that there is evidence for Jupiter Dolichenus up on the Wall?

http://www.pasthorizonspr.com/index.php/...ast-turkey
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Am I right in thinking that there is evidence for Jupiter Dolichenus up on the Wall?
Lots of it, including a dolichenum within the late fort at Vindolanda.

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Thanks - it was the altar I had in mind. I blame the recent bump on the head ... :wink:
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Quote:Thanks - it was the altar I had in mind. I blame the recent bump on the head ... :wink:
You were bumped on the head by an altar? :-o

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Big Grin No...but an unplanned descent from my new horse gave me double vision and I found a cup of tea in the fridge... :woot:
Moi Watson

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayer to Jupiter. Help! aitor iriarte 8 3,586 03-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Last Post: aitor iriarte