Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Printing RAT posts
I want to print off some RAT posts to read at my leisure but, whatever I do, there is always something cut off on the right-hand side. Does anyone know a way around this problem?
Michael King Macdona

And do as adversaries do in law, -
Strive mightily, but eat and drink as friends.
(The Taming of the Shrew: Act 1, Scene 2)
what browser do you use?
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Internet Explorer but it's the same with Firefox.
Michael King Macdona

Quote:I want to print off some RAT posts to read at my leisure but, whatever I do, there is always something cut off on the right-hand side. Does anyone know a way around this problem?
Probably dependent upon operating system (and with Windoze which version & which printer drivers!), but both Apple and Linux use CUPS and I have no difficulty printing RAT under Linux. Have you tried printing/saving to PDF and then printing from that (see attached)?

Mike Bishop

Attached Files
.pdf   RomanArmyTalk__Topic_PrintingRATposts1_1.pdf (Size: 113.26 KB / Downloads: 0)
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
if you go to File /Send /page by email and you send yourself an email you will see also a correct html form without the frames on it, pdf will not help you probably
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Quote:if you go to File /Send /page by email and you send yourself an email you will see also a correct html form without the frames on it, pdf will not help you probably
Probably? That seems a bit strong when the whole problem is that the html rendering of the page is not printing in the first place (so emailing an html version won't necessarily help). :-)

Mike Bishop

Mike
try on an windows PC and you will see what I mean, being in email you will get rid of those frames
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Thank you both for your suggestions.

Quote:Have you tried printing/saving to PDF and then printing from that (see attached)?
I'm not sure that my elderly computer knows how to do that. I can't see any way of doing it.

Quote:if you go to File /Send /page by email and you send yourself an email you will see also a correct html form without the frames on it, pdf will not help you probably
That does work but, of course, I get the whole page, so I can get a lot of extraneous stuff that I do not want. I can't see a way of getting just the posts I am interested in.

One solution that I have discovered is to select the posts I want, copy them and then paste them into a Word document. That seems to work.
Michael King Macdona

another one would be a screen capture and crop
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Quote:
mcbishop post=361275 Wrote:Have you tried printing/saving to PDF and then printing from that (see attached)?
I'm not sure that my elderly computer knows how to do that. I can't see any way of doing it.
Easily done with an application like CutePDF or Bullzip. They work just like a printer driver, but you end up with a PDF file which you can then print onto a thin sliver of dead tree with Acrobat Reader. You can then of course make PDFs from anything, should you feel the urge.

Mike Bishop

Quote:
Renatus post=361291 Wrote:
mcbishop post=361275 Wrote:Have you tried printing/saving to PDF and then printing from that (see attached)?
Easily done with an application like CutePDF or Bullzip. They work just like a printer driver, but you end up with a PDF file which you can then print onto a thin sliver of dead tree with Acrobat Reader. You can then of course make PDFs from anything, should you feel the urge.

Mike Bishop

after that you can use the printed dead tree in other ways... should you feel the urge. :-?

making PDF's is really easy nowadays you can do them online as well:
http://www.freepdfconvert.com/ just google "pdf maker online"
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro