Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
some roman accessories
Hello to all,
i am developing some accessories but i am some confuse of its name,
please any link where i can see all these accessories or suggestion.
one object like fire steel/flint striker 85mm, i think so

with best regards-sajid

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Maybe the fire striker is of relevance....the rest look...........not of the Roman era.
Kevin.
Kevin
Firestriker shape is mediƫval, fork was not used untill much later, but perhaps as a cooking utensil. Even then, it should be hotcut and the prongs bent out, it is clear this was not done here. The most simple spoon without the silly twists looks OK as a kitchen tool. The rest is very crude, given Roman standards of metalwork, and does not resemble anything Roman I have ever seen (which is a LOT).
Your post is in the research section, I would suggets you PLEASE get yourself some books and learn about this period, stop using the forum as a cheap reference guide for your fantasy products.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Sajid
Look here for utensils. Use the search to find items of iron,brass,bronze etc...
As Robert said....don't make things up, no one will buy them.
http://www.le.ac.uk/ar/menander/index.html
Look often and well to get your gear correct.
Kevin
Kevin
How about a Manicure set....
Bone horn or wood combs
a Roman swiss army knife type camping tool....
folding knifes... theres even one with a gladiator handle
decent real replica tools that work for almost any kind of handwork, but ones that would be useful such as good shears in different sizes a common item and useful to many reinactors whats more the style stays much the same from Roman to Medieval ;-)

personally I wouldn't use metal utensils in cooking pots wood is a better option, the strike-a-light must actually work, if its made from ordinary steel it won't create a spark... I used old worn out hand files for this purpose...

Decide on what you'd like to do and research it, there may actually be a market for Roman portable kitchens but you need to do the research first....
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
In the proces of making that gladiator folding knife :-) ! I can assure you it requires detailed and delicate modelling in wax and good casting to get it anywhere close to the original. Having seen Sajid's work so far, this would seem a very grand step to take. Good ironwork is a challenge, bronze working a world of it's own.
Salvete et Valete

Nil volentibus arduum

Robert P. Wimmers
www.erfgoedenzo.nl/Diensten/Creatie Big Grin
Quote:In the proces of making that gladiator folding knife :-) ! I can assure you it requires detailed and delicate modelling in wax and good casting to get it anywhere close to the original. Having seen Sajid's work so far, this would seem a very grand step to take. Good ironwork is a challenge, bronze working a world of it's own.

And all of it takes practice and determination to succeed despite the odds, learn by your failure Wink carving wax is easy.... casting it takes some knowledge but not that much and most people could do it in their back yard with relatively simple equipment.....

"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." Thomas A. Edison
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
I second Ivor( crispianus) make good irin kitchen utensils pot frying pans .With Some research you can go in a directionele were there is a market for it.
Good luck Ans study before manufacturing, roman folding chairs an evt. Table would be an option to.
Salve
Agrimensor
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX