Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pinning and wearing a tunic
Quote:I do support a AVOID THIS section though for a general thread on what to look out for.

well I suppose that will not be legally doable, the sellers would sue Jasper for it lol
and I also find it better now, if you want to buy something you can post links to what you want to buy or what you bought and you can have the honest opinion of all of us, you can then decide what it is to do
-----------------
Gelu I.
www.terradacica.ro
www.porolissumsalaj.ro
Joe, If you want to keep the sword and I believe you always have the right to return an object if your not happy with it, then its probably only elbow grease and a bit of wet and dry, emery paper and some polish... remove the glue with a scraper, a knife may do it, be careful not to cut or scratch the brass plate then polish with emery and metal polish..
The solder should scrape of easily avoid scratching or cutting the brass, take off a little at a time... then use a bit of fine emery wrapped round a suitably shaped object to get into places you cant get to easily and finally polish with a decent robust metal polish.
Anything you dont want to mess up cover with paper and masking tape before you start.
clean the blade and oil it lightly when you've finished other wise you'll end up with rusty finger prints all over it... should be good practice for when you get your armour Smile

Remember a photo only tells part of the story it is an illusion after all and things can look much better or worse in reality, bear this is mind when ordering online.
Ivor

"And the four bare walls stand on the seashore. a wreck a skeleton a monument of that instability and vicissitude to which all things human are subject. Not a dwelling within sight, and the farm labourer, and curious traveller, are the only persons that ever visit the scene where once so many thousands were congregated." T.Lewin 1867
Excellent tips I'll be sure to use in the future, thank you! For this occasion I'll just ask for a replacement. The scabbard is actually bent more than I thought.