Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFS - Needle Felt Sword - construction materials
I understand that neddle felt was used in the construction of swords for the reenactment event at Ostia, Italy. I would like to know the technical specifications for this material, such as the: manufacturer, model/product number, phone number email address and website, as I would like to obtain this material to make a similar sword. Thanks <p></p><i></i>
In Germany, the needlefelt is a common, cheap material used much like an indoor/outdoor carpeting. I found all that we needed at flea markets and scrap bins, so never needed an order number or a factory that made it. For folks in the U.S., I do believe somone has found the material and a source. It is listed on Marsh's Roman Yahoo site. This may be the "standard" for a new ancient warfare fighting reenactment society being organized by Hibernicus of LEG IX HISP in California. Marsh and I hope to soon have a site up to show how to make the swords, where to get the material, etc. More about this will be posted soon.<br>
<br>
Dan <p></p><i></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NFS (Needle Felt Sword) Construction site DECIMvS MERCATIvS VARIANvS 10 2,400 05-09-2005, 08:20 PM
Last Post: Marcus Mummius