Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Constantine\'s Cataphractii
A handsome colt! That's what I would call a "black spotted" horse. Confusedmile:
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb
Gotcha! He is a rare white-spotted back horse. These anomalies come out of the gene pool every now and again. I am sure the owners are hoping the black does not lighten over the years but I am told he is genuinely black, not just very, very dark grey. Black horse, however, also have grey skin. Confusing, isn't it? My little Argentine criollo mare (in the avatar) is mainly chestnut but she has black patches in her coat and strong white markings.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Yup. That's what I said he was. A black spotted horse. As opposed to a black-spotted horse. nuk, nuk, nuk. ;-)
But seriously, this particular colt has very delineated white spots; and if this sporting could be retained when he's full grown? What a distinctive horse he would be!! :-)
Alan J. Campbell

member of Legio III Cyrenaica and the Uncouth Barbarians

Author of:
The Demon's Door Bolt (2011)
Forging the Blade (2012)

"It's good to be king. Even when you're dead!"
             Old Yuezhi/Pazyrk proverb