Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Castra Romana Nov 11-15 in SC
Slavete Romani!<br>
<br>
Time is drawing close and it is getting exciting! We made the front page of the local paper in full glorius Roman color, and they are doing a story on us and the event next week, as well as a photo exclusive on the event the week after. This all came about because of a group of homeschoolers who made last years' event remarkable, so if if you are looking to advertise your event, use teachers, homeschoolers, Latin teacher associations and such, it certainly works! We had over 300 spectators last year, and no ad budget!!<br>
<br>
Any impression is welcome, Soldiers of course, and our ISPA Gladiators will be back in the arena. In addition the Roman Market will be set up with several new booths! So we have plenty of room for Civilians. Senators can hang out at the Forum with Wade Heaton of Togaman fame or hobnob with the local royals to get good seating at the arena. It just gets better! New recruits from any legion are welcome, and we will get the armored up for the event.<br>
<br>
Claudilla Elena will be back in her popina for treats, and is again heading up the Triclinium Centurio's Convivia (ask anyone who came last year about her Roman Cooking!!). Skip lunch and prepare to feast!<br>
<br>
Bring your standards to help decorate the arena! We have tentage available, and modern camping, RV spaces, and cabins are still available at the park. The site is free from anachronisms and makes for a wonderful evening around the fire! No charge to our brother re-enactors!<br>
<br>
www.castraromana.com for more information. Or the LEGVI.com website.<br>
<br>
We look VERY forward to sharing our fire with you, November 11-15 (12,13,14 is the weekend) at Givhans Ferry State Park, in Ridgeville South Carolina. We klnow its a drive, but we believe it will be worth it for each of you. See you under the Eagle.<br>
<br>
Ave,<br>
<br>
Justus Rustius Longinus <p>Rusty Myers<br>
www.SouloftheWarrior.com Commander, Legio VI FFC<br>
www.LEGVI.com </p><i></i>
Weather looks good, but it will be cold at night, 60-65 daytime, 40-45 at nite! Bring blankets or sleeping bags. We have done down to 17 in period, and while it was a great learning experience, it is cold. <p>Rusty Myers<br>
Hi Rusty!<br>
It sounds like a wonderful event! Although my unit will not be able to attend this year, do you think perhaps they would be interested in having a few Late period Romans next year, maybe? We do an early fifth century Roman impression. We are located in south Georgia, USA, and although I can't speak for all of us, I for one would be interested in attending your event next year, or whenever you have another one. We are trying to get ourselves an itenerary set up, and would enjoy meeting more of our Roman brothers in arms (and sisters). <p>Lucius Aurelius Metellus, miles gregarius, Secunda Brittanica</p><i></i>
Lucius Aurelius Metellus
a.k.a. Jeffrey L. Greene
We had a late Roman our first year, though he moved back to Germany, so we would love to have you guys come out! We have a lot of homeschoolers and educators who would love to see the different periods of the Roman Army.<br>
<br>
The website stays up all year long (though it takes me a few months to update the dates and stuff.) Or check our legio site. www.castraromana.com or www.legvi.com .
<br>
Loook forward to meeting you guys!<br>
<br>
Rusty <p>Rusty Myers<br>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Castra Romana-Atlanta, 14-17 June 2007 Gaius_Calvus 0 718 02-08-2007, 05:42 PM
Last Post: Gaius_Calvus
  Castra Romana 2004 Invitiation rusty myers 14 2,848 06-15-2004, 11:22 AM
Last Post: Flavius