Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Roman / Iberian re-enactment group in Portugal
Dear fellows,<br>
<br>
Have be created in Portugal is first roman / Iberian re-enactment group!<br>
<br>
We have already our home page @ www.lusitanis.org (in Portuguese, until now, but we are working hard for a good English translation) – the most part of the images are from others Europeans groups, who have give us a great image support until we have our own activities photos…<br>
<br>
If you want help us (not whit more photos, no…) in some historical advises, articles opinion, changing work methods, or coming in the next year at Portugal and make us a visit, you are welcome!<br>
<br>
Thanks for your attention.<br>
[link=http://www.lusitanis.org newwindow]web Lusitanis[/link] <p></p><i></i>
hi there,<br>
<br>
nice to hear from you, though strange to see myself on your group's website<br>
<br>
did one of my group (legio 2 aug) give you the pictures?<br>
<br>
All the best and good luck with the group,<br>
<br>
Tim. <p></p><i></i>
Howdy Cetobrigus!<br>
Being of Portuguese descent myself, I am curious: was 2d legion recruited form Lusitania? Which Legions would our ancestors have ben part of? Thanks.<br>
<br>
Los <p></p><i></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
Dear Fellows,<br>
<br>
Thanks for your communications!<br>
<br>
About Tim question, we have asked Gary Marshal permission to use de Leg II Avg photos because we have started only in September this year…<br>
<br>
We have a few couple of guys who are trying to have more recruits but we have not made any activity for now and we are starting to make our clothes, and we have made an “internationalâ€ÂÂ
My family name is Lourenco. My father is from the Azores (I kow that doesn't help much!) and my mom (Gomes) is from tras monts, central highlands, I believe a small village called vellagotes (spelling?). My son and I are very much into Roman history, and on his Mom's side he's part "Gaul" and part "Celt" (well Scottish).<br>
Cheers...<br>
Los <p></p><i></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
Dear Los,<br>
<br>
About your family name, Lourenço and Gomes are very typical Portuguese family names. The Portuguese’s only has found Azores in the XV Century but Trás-os-Montes is a very ancient Iberian land.<br>
<br>
Have be part of Roman Tarraconiencis province, and in the XI Century the “Portuguese Countryâ€ÂÂ
Cetobrigus,<br>
Obrigado!<br>
<br>
So would any of those Legions have recruited in Lusotania? Meaning in later years did any lusitanians serve in the Roman legions?<br>
<br>
Los <p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=los456>Los456</A> at: 11/5/04 12:45 am<br></i>
Los

aka Carlos Lourenco
Caro Los,<br>
<br>
After the Lusitanian defeat by the roman republic legions, in the hardest roman campaign against the natives Iberian peoples (like Numancia territory), the Lusitanian peoples have been, naturally, recruited.<br>
<br>
Portugal it’s a Latin-speaker country (in about 70% of is language, 20% come from the Arabian and the 10% its Greek, Germanic, African influences) because of this situation: the roman assimilation, like the Iberian roman are very different from the others Romans / Romanized peoples.<br>
<br>
If you want to join us, until the end of this month we will have our home page in English for further information’s (but if you know some thing about Portuguese will be a good started point) – I will say in the Forum when the page will be translate.<br>
<br>
Obrigado pela atenção,<br>
<br>
Cetobrigus<br>
<p></p><i>Edited by: <A HREF=http://p200.ezboard.com/bromanarmytalk.showUserPublicProfile?gid=cetobrigus>Cetobrigus</A> at: 11/6/04 11:00 pm<br></i>

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  looking for a re-Enactment group in Utah horatius 5 2,577 08-27-2012, 07:06 AM
Last Post: jkaler48
  Re enactment group in North East England doobuk 39 7,782 04-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Last Post: Surena
  Irish Re-Enactment Group Formed Nerva 3 1,525 04-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Alexius