Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
julius casaer
i would like to find out about julius caesar decent from venus and aenes and the history of the jullii.

i have found out the connection from venus and aenes. its the connection from rumuls and remus and the kings

of rome where form there who was the last king of rome who was his son and the kings of romes decendents.

where does julius caesar come in to the kings of rome.

if anyone can give me the information on this or anything i would be very greatfull for your help

any books or any roman chonicles or homer

thanks trish [email protected]
Hello Patricia you could find informations about this in Livy(historian)or also in Virgil's Aeneid.If you are more interresed in real gens(family)of Julius Caesar look here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Julia_%28gens%29 I don't vouch for all information in this article however but in general it looks O.K.

On the other hand more people would probably answered you Patricia if you would writte names as they really were and not repeatedly corrupting it like:
Aeneas on aenes
Romulus on rumuls
and even poor Caesar on casaer(although you have it better when mentioning that name for the second time).
It's possible English isn't her first language and she is used to the names being spoken and written differently. For instance, in Italian Romulus is Romolo.

Here is a bit about Caesar's ancestry as recorded by Seutonius. Here you can see he claims descent from Venus and the kings of Rome through different family branches:

Quote:When quaestor, he pronounced the customary orations from the rostra in praise of his aunt Julia and his wife Cornelia, who had both died. And in the eulogy of his aunt he spoke in the following terms of her paternal and maternal ancestry and that of his own father: "The family of my aunt Julia is descended by her mother from the kings, and on her father's side is akin to the immortal Gods; for the Marcii Reges (her mother's family name) go back to Ancus Marcius, and the Julii, the family of which ours is a branch, to Venus. Our stock therefore has at once the sanctity of kings, whose power is supreme among mortal men, and the claim to reverence which attaches to the Gods, who hold sway over kings themselves."

Seutonius, The Life of Julius Caesar, 6
David J. Cord
www.davidcord.com
Sure,but in that case it would be better to use only one form and not to jump from one to another.In my native language most latin names are in the very same form as they are in original and in those rare cases they are slightly different I usually choose to wrote it as it is in original latin.