Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War
In June 14, I published my first ebook, "Legio XVII: Roman Legion at War" at Amazon, B&N, Apple, and Smashwords. Now that all the pesky editing errors have been fixed, I think it's a pretty good read. One of the reasons I undertook this love/hate task was to attempt to fill in an important element that is missing in many Roman historical fiction books~the planning and strategy aspect of a successful military campaign and battle.

I spent 42 in the U.S. Department of Defense, 28 years on active duty with the U.S. Army, and served in the Pentagon for 24 years in the Army and as a civilian. I retired as a Colonel from the Pentagon's Joint Staff. My duties included planning for overseas military operations. While there are plenty of people smarter than me with more experience, I was involved in some pretty high level planning and gained a lot of practical knowledge. I wanted my book to reflect what I learned and I think it does.

Another less glamorous reason to write the book is that I wanted to give Legio XVII a positive, albeit fictional, make over to compensated for 9 A.D. and the Teutonberg Forest disaster.

Let me know what you think.
http://www.amazon.com/Legio-XVII-Roman-L...182&sr=1-1
Thomas

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Legio XVII: The Eagle Strikes Legio17 0 2,425 07-11-2016, 02:39 PM
Last Post: Legio17
  Legio XVII: Battle of Zama Legio17 0 2,765 06-11-2015, 06:40 PM
  Legio XVII: Battle of the Danube Legio17 2 4,007 12-10-2014, 09:48 PM