Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ste Kenwright (1967-2014)
Last Wednesday we lost our beloved fellow member Ste Kenwright (30-05-67 – 01-07-2014) when he finally lost his brave and very long battle against cancer.

Known on this forum as Salvianus, Ste was for a long time a member of the late Roman Comitatus group. Several great articles about being a late Roman soldier can still be found here:

May you rest in peace frater. Our heartfelt sympathies go to Helen, his beloved wife of 20 years.

[attachment=10237]ste.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Robert Vermaat
FECTIO Late Romans
THE CAUSE OF WAR MUST BE JUST
(Maurikios-Strategikon, book VIII.2: Maxim 12)
I never had the pleasure of meeting the gentleman but may I send my condolences to his family and others affected.
Kevin
Kevin
Truly saddened to hear this news.

One of the nicest things I ever heard was when Helen said to me that during Steve's illness my books had been a great comfort to him. Steve wrote a fantastic review of 'Roman Military Dress' which he then kindly posted on Amazon. Something for which I was very grateful for.

There is a small tribute to him in my latest project and I am really upset that he will not get to see it.

My sincerest condolences to Helen and family and to all friends of Steve.

Graham.
"Is all that we see or seem but a dream within a dream" Edgar Allan Poe.

"Every brush-stroke is torn from my body" The Rebel, Tony Hancock.

"..I sweated in that damn dirty armor....TWENTY YEARS!', Charlton Heston, The Warlord.
Very nice guy and always hugely generous with his time and knowledge. Very, very sad news. All sympathy to Helen and the family. And I found this on an old posting from him.

Deo vos incolumes custodiant
May God guard your safety

Ste ~ Salvianus

quaerite et inveniétis ~ incipite et patrábitis ~ conámini et assurrexístis
Seek, and you will find, begin and you will achieve, strive and you will soar!

All the every best,

Paul
[Image: wip2_r1_c1-1-1.jpg] [Image: Comitatuslogo3.jpg]

aka Paul B, moderator
http://www.romanarmy.net/auxilia.htm
Moderation in all things
I only knew Ste through re-enactment, which was only a slice of his life. He was a talented singer, poet, musician , actor and scholar. He was also a gentleman, with a good heart and wise words. Although, like the rest of our group, he had been a member of Comitatus, he had since moved on to a more relaxed living history style of re-enactment and during hot summer days became the focus of our Roman camp. He was Salvianus, our storyteller, who summoned the public to the green, young and old, with a blast from his trumpet where he enthralled them with Arthurian tales. At times some of us would act out parts of the play, in good fun, and the crowd enjoyed the story.

I had so many things still to talk to Ste about, questions I meant to ask him next time we met. Sadly, those conversations will now have to wait until later....
Paul Elliott

Legions in Crisis
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/17815...d_i=468294

Charting the Third Century military crisis - with a focus on the change in weapons and tactics.
My sincerest condolences to his family.

With deepest respect,

Publius Quinctius Petrus Augustinus
(aka Pierre A. Kleff, Jr.)
Petrus Augustinus