Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Handbook to Roman Legionary Fortresses
Pen & Sword have released my Handbook to Roman Legionary Fortresses as a Kindle ebook, so if you worry about the fate of large swathes of forest being felled (or prefer a much cheaper way of getting it) you can find it on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com. There are a few formatting weirdnesses (ebook layout -- or the lack of it -- can be a very special type of painful for typesetters, trust me) but it has the virtue of tying in with the RLF website seamlessly, using the Kindle app on my tablet, at least (and no, they didn't send me one, I had to go and buy the ebook myself; I only found it by accident, in fact).

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
It shall be mine, Great White Chief! Yes, I do have a hard-back copy but the tablet is much more useful for carting around. Besides which, I can read my SF books on the tablet, and then switch to your book with the flick of a finger if anyone asks as to what I am reading, thereby appearing to be much more intelligent than I actually am! As always, "Baldric has a cunning plan!

Mike Thomas
(Caratacus)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
Quote:Besides which, I can read my SF books on the tablet, and then switch to your book with the flick of a finger if anyone asks as to what I am reading, thereby appearing to be much more intelligent than I actually am!
A bit like wrapping a copy of Frere's Britannia in a Harry Potter dust-jacket, then? ;-)

Mike Bishop
You know my method. It is founded upon the observance of trifles

Blogging, tweeting, and mapping Hadrian\'s Wall... because it\'s there
Or the other way around? :-) No, perhaps not!

Mike T
(Caratacus)
visne scire quod credam? credo orbes volantes exstare.
Bought!
Francis Hagan

The Barcarii

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman Fortresses unavailable? richsc 2 1,239 07-22-2012, 07:13 AM
Last Post: mcbishop
  Handbook to the Roman Wall, Fourteenth Edition mcbishop 5 1,612 02-07-2007, 03:03 PM
Last Post: Carus Andiae
  Roman Legionary Fortresses 27 BC - AD 378 Caius Fabius 3 2,204 05-15-2006, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Chuck Russell