Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roman Exhibition in Cologne - 14AD
Salvete,

This is just to let you know that a great Roman exhibition in the Römisch-Germanisches Museum Cologne (14AD - Römische Herrschaft am Rhein, 28. June to 19 October 2014) will be opened today.

The exhibits will include lots of Roman military equipment (including more than a dozen helmets and a spectacular phalera), some of which has never been shown to the public before.

For information and some teaser pictures see:

pictures

and

museum
Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
ALmost worth a trip across just to see this Smile
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Was thinking of going over anyway, to research my second Germania novel. My mind has almost been made up!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
We are working on this as a visit with II AVG UK......several members are interested....lets see what happens.
If it works out well, lets combine logistics.
Looking forward to this.
Kevin
Kevin
I was there during the first opening day, a very nice exhibition indeed. You can watch at several helmets, gladii, pugiones two amazing pila , stelae and so on.

I left from Rome and it is worth the trip.
Marco

Civis Romanus Optime Iure Sum
Salvete omnes

Some detailed pictures of this awesome exhibition should be welcome for the whole profit of theRAT community ! Smile
two pictures I have received from a friend:

[attachment=10407]klein.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=10406]RMGAD14-Mil1-3.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Regards,

Jens Horstkotte
Munich, Germany
Wow - must get the UK trip organised and get over there to see this.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Roman war ship discovered in Cologne Mar 9 3,591 11-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Last Post: Tiberius Clodius Corvinus