Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Premiere - The Road to Rome film
I'm proud to say that the #RomaniWalk we did in Italy this year has currently raised over £21,000 for two charities, Combat Stress, which helps veterans with PTSD, and Medecins Sans Frontieres, which provides medical aid in disaster zones worldwide.

We had the whole process filmed professionally, and in an unexpected and incredible twist of fate, Sir Ian McKellen generously agreed to do the voice over for the film. We now have a fantastic documentary, and hope to get it on TV, and to raise even more money for these two charities.

If you'd like to attend the film premiere, which is in London on Sat. September 13th, please PM me. Tickets are £25, ALL of which goes to charity, and there is a drinks reception after the film showing.
Alternatively, if you'd like to donate to the cause, you can do so here

Thanks.

[attachment=10630]IanMcKgroupsmall-Copy.jpg[/attachment]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks
I cant attend but a very well done to you.
Kevin
Kevin
Glad to see this is making an impact, that's about 35,000 USD!

And Ian McKellen doing your voice over is just fantastic. I hope it shows up here in the U.S. on television. Maybe we'll get lucky and it will be on BBC America or something one day.
Very well done, Ben and colleagues. Two excellent charities frequently overlooked.
Moi Watson

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Merlot in one hand, Cigar in the other; body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming "WOO HOO, what a ride!
Nice, yob Ben hope THE film Will bring a lot of money for charity. Keep is postend. When it is broadcaster.
AgrimensorLVCIVS FLAVIVS SINISTER
aka Jos Cremers
member of CORBVLO
ESTE NIX PAX CRISTE NIX
Agreed. Doctors without Borders have been on the front lines of the West African ZEBOV outbreak. And there is so much we owe to our veterans too.
Jos: now that Ian McKellen has done the voice over, we're very hopeful that it will be picked up by a TV channel, or channels. I'll be sure to keep you posted. Thanks, all!
Ben Kane, bestselling author of the Eagles of Rome, Spartacus and Hannibal novels.

Eagles in the Storm released in UK on March 23, 2017.
Aguilas en la tormenta saldra en 2017.

www.benkane.net
Twitter: @benkaneauthor
Facebook: facebook.com/benkanebooks